1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion Rules for Logo contest created by CH

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by qwerty111, May 28, 2017.

Hello,

I strongly suggest the DP staffs to create new rules for people who create logo contest here in digitalpoint.

1) Some people create a logo contest and not updating anything, making it as a dead contest. It really affects the designers time and energy.

2) CH should mention deadline ( Date and Time with time zone)

3) Also, I have seen people outsourcing their works. The drawback in this is that sometime the guy who posted a contest here simply mention that none of the design were liked by his client. so, it is a waste of time and energy by the designers.

4) Unless the CH update the winner of his previous contest, he should not be allowed to open another contest.

I hope the above stated points will be considered.

thanks

qwerty111, May 28, 2017 IP
    DianaGy likes this.
  2. DianaGy

DianaGy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, it is inevitable some people will leave their topics unsolved. DP is not a design contest site and it would be way too complicated for them to implement such serious rules as eg. deposits for contests. We should always count with the risk of abandonment when we enter a contest.

However, I agree on that a deadline should always be given. (with 1 chance of extending the contest)
    I also believe a quick template would make everyone's life easier. Many times the Contest Holders forget to mention crucial information (eg. colors they hate, style they're after) and if there was a form automatically added to the post when they open the topic they'd most likely fill out most of it -giving the contest a faster outcome and the designers less wasted time and designs.
    Suggestion:
    Brand name:
    Graphic type: (logo, banner, video, webdesign)
    Format: (PSD, vector, PNG)
    Text: (slogan, tag line, text to include)
    Preferred colors:
    Deadline:
    Extras: (any other desires they have)

DianaGy, Jul 4, 2017 IP
    qwerty111 and PoPSiCLe like this.
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Building out a "real" design contest system has been on the "to-do" list for many years. Unfortunately I'm not really sure when (or even if) that will ever get done. It's tough to allocate a ton of resources to build out a system that we make $0 from.

digitalpoint, Jul 6, 2017 IP