1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Marketing to a Teenage Audience?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by ashfield212, May 25, 2017.

Hello there,

I'm just looking for a little advice, ideally from users who have experience in attracting a teenage demographic. For the past 6 months or so (I work full-time) I have been developing a website in my spare time with a unique but simple concept primarily aimed at teenagers around the world - I'm now ready to launch.

My experience with marketing in general is admittedly rather lackluster and I feel throwing money at a particular source isn't worthwhile without a little guidance, especially as Social Media and other sources can essentially allow one to advertise for free initially.

Having said that I've spent the past week or two reading up on various " working methods", all of which require a hefty investment that I am reluctant to jump straight into it.

Without sounding biased, I believe my website would garner interest very quickly and due to the viral nature of the setup could expand quite rapidly, I'm just struggling for start-up traffic currently and feel I may be investing too much time in completely missing the mark.

I'd love to hear from any folks who have been in a similar situation and finally managed to stumble across a formula that assisted them - I'm currently ripping my hair out!

Looking forward to any replies, it's much appreciated.

ashfield212, May 25, 2017 IP
  2. Sarah - Dufferin Media

Sarah - Dufferin Media Active Member

Best Answers:
    Younger audience is best targeted using Instagram and even SnapChat.

Sarah - Dufferin Media, May 26, 2017 IP
  3. JohnApuna

JohnApuna Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This may sound elementary but you can do 2 things:

1. Think about where teenagers engage online. That's where you need to focus your efforts. A lot of those places are social media so you have the opportunity to engage for free with a little effort but also opportunities for paid advertising

2. Survey your audience to get real feedback on where they "live" online. You can also get feedback on the product/service

JohnApuna, May 27, 2017 IP
  4. Sarah M

Sarah M Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally, I think you're best bet is to reach your audience via Instagram or Twitter. Both networks can reach a wide variety of teens and are 'open' to gaining followers/retweets publicly as opposed to 'friend requests' or 'adding by username'. If the right hashtags are used, thousands of users can see your post within seconds. Twitter and Instagram are by far the most popular with teens now a days. Get your message across! Make it upbeat and start to think like a teen!

Best of luck!

Sarah M, Jun 9, 2017 IP
  5. Signature Forex

Signature Forex Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    online marketing is the best way in every life. so enjoy your bussines

Signature Forex, Jun 15, 2017 IP
  6. sandeep maurya

sandeep maurya Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Younger audience must be engaged on social media such as snapchat to facebook.
    Also a demographic analysis of which will be your target audience needs to be done.
    As for Women teenagers Pinterest will be much more viable.
    we can talk about the landscape study to understand the consumers of you and your product if we have discussion on it from all view points.
    Kindly drop us a mail at
    Only when we understand the pain points we can get you clarified results which will be actionable.

sandeep maurya, Jun 28, 2017 IP
  7. FNIvan1243

FNIvan1243 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    1, I think your market is too wide, focus on teenage on one culture first ( American, EU, Asia,...),
    2, Young Psychological: like famous, Special, limited product, ... but with another cultule, it different, and you need to know that,
    3, TRY YOUR BEST :)

FNIvan1243, Jun 28, 2017 IP
  8. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Right now, teenagers spend more time on their mobile phone. So, you should look at mobile advertisements as an option.

eric_wahlberg, Jun 30, 2017 IP
  9. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Social media is the best way to reach teens. Since most social media sites have mobile app versions, then it would be easy to reach them as most teens now also have mobile phones.

Milliardo, Jul 10, 2017 IP