1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Increase Traffic?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by doe62655, May 15, 2017.

I have recently started a blog. I have got a domain name for it. And I would like to know if anybody can tell me how to increase traffic. I will be very grateful for your input.

doe62655, May 15, 2017 IP
  2. JoshDylan

JoshDylan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Increasing traffic is easy. Make quality posts, setup social media accounts, pay for promoted posts on facebook, gain a following and tada. You have traffic. It is not some simple poof and its there deal, it takes time and quality work to make a site successful.

JoshDylan, May 26, 2017 IP
  3. Dan_Kibeth

Dan_Kibeth Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In my experience success lies in a good mixture, be prepared to spend a bit of money, both on semi-professional services and lower end services from places like Fiverr. But be wary of anything that seems too good to be true - as Josh says in the post before quality is very important, you can spend $5 on 1000 backlinks that are of no value to your ranking, or $50 on 10 that really help you out, it's about putting yourself out there, and trying things - but at the same time being sensible and managing your own expectations.

Nowadays, social media can be a powerful tool for this - if you have accounts across Facebook, twitter etc, then it's certainly worth sharing on here every time there's a new blog post and such!

Dan_Kibeth, Jun 21, 2017 IP
  4. WareBehr

WareBehr Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would echo what the others have said.

I have only recently (this year) gotten back into the flow of webmastering. The only method that I have proved myself so far, is social media syndication.

If you are starting up, I implore you to start social media accounts for your website. If you are a WordPress user, you can use the SNAP plugin to automatically share your posts to all of your social media accounts.

If you use another system, there are ways to do the same through platforms such as bufferapp.

After you are able to automate the syndication process, I recommend going to facebook, joining groups related to your audience, and sharing each of your page's posts to those groups.

Using this method I was able to gain over 3,000 followers in two months from a start-up.

Even further, after you have seen which of your posts perform well in the groups (likes, engagements etc.), you should boost that post as a facebook ad. I have had well performing posts gain over 500 egagements from just a $5 boost.

WareBehr, Jun 23, 2017 IP
  5. Jessicarousey

Jessicarousey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    some would buy it

Jessicarousey, Jul 13, 2017 IP
  6. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Work with the keywords. People should feel that they just have to visit your website. Then it's very much about the content that you write. Look at the trends and write about things that are actual for people. What do people talk about? Also, as has been pointed out in this thread, you should share your posts on Social media platforms.

MrKing01, Jul 14, 2017 IP
  7. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Being succesful with only a website its not easy but if you work hard and never give up you will succed .My advice its to work hard everyday and not depend only on website .Start also creating a youtube channel because its less competitive that seo

Spartan14, Jul 14, 2017 IP
  8. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good advice from above writer. You should spread your work to different platforms. Youtube is a good example. As long as you know what people want to watch, for example "How to", and can create great videos there shouldn't be a problem for you to stand out. You can have links to affiliate websites that are related to your video. Let's say that you created a video about how to change a bicycle tire. Then you could have affiliate links in the video description where you direct people to websites that sell bicycle tubes. For every sale, you get a percentage. Also, you have options to promote your site with the help of Youtube. You could have a link to your website in the video description and in the video. This will boost your website traffic.

Best of luck!

MrKing01, Jul 14, 2017 IP
  9. K Padmapriya

K Padmapriya Member

Best Answers:
    You can increase your traffic by creating a better content marketing strategy, checking website traffic often, writing compelling blog headlines, using eye-catching photos, internal linking, sharing the content etc.

K Padmapriya, Nov 7, 2017 IP
  10. Jessica Harden

Jessica Harden Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    After you post the blog, submit your post to below sites to your post viral and generate traffic

Digg
    Reddit
    StumbleUpon
    Post on Forums in niche
    Yahoo Buzz
    Delicious
    Post to Twitter
    Post to Facebook
    Post to Google +
    Post to YouTube (if applicable)
    Submit to Technorati etc...

Jessica Harden, May 4, 2018 IP
  11. lvpshosting

lvpshosting Member

Best Answers:
    You need a good quality traffic or better alexa rank traffic?

lvpshosting, May 29, 2018 IP
  12. hostechsupport

hostechsupport Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can increase your blog traffic by sharing it on social media & bookmarking sites like facebook, twitter, google+, LinkedIn, Tumblr, StumbleUpon, Pinterest, Bizsugar, Digg, Dribble, Reddit, Slashdot and many more.

hostechsupport, May 29, 2018 IP
  13. Dreads

Dreads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Having a semi-autmated Social media setup will be a great way to get your website out there BUT if you dont have content that people need, then do not assume that people will go out of their way to read it.

Dreads, Jun 1, 2018 IP
  14. waruna prasad

waruna prasad Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for great advices

waruna prasad, Jun 13, 2018 IP
  15. RobertMV

RobertMV Member

Best Answers:
    Don't forget the social media hashtags - using the top hashtags for any given post can boost the amount of people who see you very quickly.

RobertMV, Jun 14, 2018 IP
  16. Tim Werfel

Tim Werfel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    how do I know to target my audience from social media?

Tim Werfel, Oct 25, 2018 IP
  17. Larry Anderson

Larry Anderson Peon

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of different ways to increase traffic.

- You should have quality posts, internal & external links...
    - You should promote your website through social media.
    - You should maybe try link building; by yourself or you can hire an agency.

There are a lot of topics on the internet about increasing the traffic, go and try something.
    But, you should know that it takes time. Be patient.

Larry Anderson, Dec 6, 2018 IP
  18. Tim Werfel

Tim Werfel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you!

I started to post some pictures of main and this is not so good so far, I have only 1000 friends. the Instagram, for example, I get only 50 likes per picture. any idea?
    is that important to make links?

Tim Werfel, Dec 13, 2018 IP
  19. GORGY BENTA

GORGY BENTA Peon

Best Answers:
    it takes time and quality work to make a site successful.

GORGY BENTA, Oct 17, 2019 IP
  20. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As the great Gary Halbert said, "Find the starving crowd."

Figure out where the people who are interested in what you have to offer hang out. And hang out there.

Get into conversations. Give helpful tips and information.

Become a value-added friend. Don't market to them.

If they want to hear what you have to say they'll ask you for more information, then you can direct them to your relavant articles.

JoeSpirit, Aug 17, 2023 IP