1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review my new website

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Mustafa Baysal, May 16, 2017.

Hi, this is my first website in English and English is not my native language so i write the articles in my own language and then translate them to English.

So what is your general opinion about my website and are the articles easily understandable? I need some advices about the grammar or vocabulary of the contents.

My Travel guide blog is: https://travelspotz.com/

Mustafa Baysal, May 16, 2017 IP
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I think you're doing pretty good Mustafa, for one who doesn't speak English as a first language. I read the article on New Zealand and found it very interesting. I had no trouble understanding it.

When I first read the list of interesting sights I thought there wasn't enough information there to satisfy my curiosity about what I would see if I visited those sights. But then as I scrolled down the page I found that you had added some detail about different places.

Reading your article gave me feeling that I might like to visit the city someday. I'd say you succeeded with that one.

JoeSpirit, May 16, 2017 IP
  3. Mustafa Baysal

Mustafa Baysal Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank u a lot Joe. With this comment, you gave me some courage to keep doing what i am trying to do.

4. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck Mustafa. I think you're on the right track.

Your translated articles read fine to me. If you want to improve them further I recommend that you have them proofread by a native English speaker. But I don't see that as completely necessary.

JoeSpirit, May 16, 2017 IP
  5. Mustafa Baysal

Mustafa Baysal Peon

Best Answers:
    I know what u mean and nowadays i am looking for someone to hire for editing my posts for English. But it's a bit expensive to me for now. Thanks for ur advice.

6. EvoWRZ®

EvoWRZ® Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Clean and responsive, too many stories in homepage.

EvoWRZ®, May 16, 2017 IP
  7. Mustafa Baysal

Mustafa Baysal Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your review.

8. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Inaccessible undersized fixed metric (aka measured in PX) fonts, illegible colour contrasts far below WCAG minimums, with a pathetically broken attempt at being responsive -- the trifecta of /FAIL/ at web design and development.

Apart from that, looks like every other crappy of the shelf turdpress template, which is why it's a bloated slow loading inaccessible mess filled with presentational markup, semantics ranging from gibberish to none, and the whole host of other epic failures at web development so common when someone just slops out a site using that laundry list of how NOT to build a website..

deathshadow, May 19, 2017 IP
  9. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hard to review a site when your site is down.

mmerlinn, May 19, 2017 IP
  10. Mustafa Baysal

Mustafa Baysal Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your opinion. I am not a pro webmaster but i'm trying to learn. So i got some new things to learn now. I have never heard before about WCAG. As you see, i am more interested about the content without neglecting the tecnichal side but it's hard to learn in a short time.

Hi this was the first time somebody told me that my website was down. So thanks for your contrubition. I am gonna look at the reason.

Thanks and sure i will check your websites soon.

Mustafa Baysal, May 22, 2017 IP
  11. Teaguen Scott

Teaguen Scott Peon

Best Answers:
    Here are my two cents:
    The website design is good however could do with some improvements with respect to style / adding more related images.
    The performance of it is acceptable however like the design could be improved, running it through our software, it only produces a score of 74 as far as speed and SEO.

Please do visit our site for a free analysis and to consider the things we offer.

Teaguen Scott, May 22, 2017 IP
  12. Mustafa Baysal

Mustafa Baysal Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll take a look at it, thank you.

Mustafa Baysal, May 22, 2017 IP