1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A good way to go about tracking an application?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by Peter92, May 21, 2017.

I've coded something that unexpectedly gathered a lot of interest on Reddit, so I'm attempting to add simple analytics on it before I finish it. I'm wondering if someone who has done this stuff before could give a few tips?
    I tested sending a few events but it looks like they weren't designed to be the main tracking feature.

Should I be using pageviews or events (eg. for script started)?
    How do I track time spent running (when I'm unable to simply send a number of seconds on script exit)?
    Would it be a good idea to send an update every few minutes or so, or would that skew the results and make it harder to read?

Sending pageviews like "start", "time/(seconds)", "total/(program)/(seconds)" have come to mind, or is there a much better way I'm missing?

Cheers

Peter92, May 21, 2017 IP
  2. BrookeHarper

BrookeHarper Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sorry, Peter. This just might be a little bit too complicated for me. I hope you get some good advice from the rest of the members in this forum.

BrookeHarper, May 21, 2017 IP
  3. sabashahidsf46

sabashahidsf46 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I personally think that you should use events.

sabashahidsf46, May 31, 2017 IP