1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which of these marketing strategy works best?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by FarrisFahad, Apr 27, 2017.

Which one is good for business and ROI?

1. Buy an ongoing targeted traffic from Facebook:
    You can drive website traffic from Facebook for $15.00 a day. That's $450.00 USD a month. You will get about 30 - 60 clicks from this budget a month.

2. Boosting posts on Facebook:
    You can also try to boost 15 popular posts a month and include your website link. That way you get page likes, impressions, and website visitors. If you spend $25.00 a boost, that's $375.00 a month. You will get about 50 - 200 page likes, 50 - 100 website visits. The great thing about this method is that your post might go viral and your post get free visibality.

3. Buy targeted traffic from AdWords:
    This method is expensive, but you will get quality traffic that converts. For $15.00 a day you can get about 15 - 45 high quality visitors who are searching for your product.

4. Search Engine Optimization and refferal traffic:
    Optimizing your site will get you consistant traffic. Usually now a days SEO agencies charge anywhere from $99.00 and up as a monthly fee. But the problem is that you won't get traffic instantly. You will have to wait 3 to 6 months to see initial results. The good thing is that results will get better over time. And after 3 to 5 years you don't have to do SEO anymore. The visitors will convert into links, therefore you won't have to build links anymore - that only applies to some business not all.

5. Content Marketing:
    Building great content and promoting it on a daily or weekly basis. But you have to build content that is worth sharing and linking to. It will cost you money to build content, at about $50.00 USD per article, maybe even less.

So after reading the above, if you had to choose one which one will you choose and why?
    Also, is there any other strategies that I did not write about here? Please share :)

FarrisFahad, Apr 27, 2017 IP
  2. Matteo Matt

Matteo Matt Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I made good money from Adwords for a few days but didnt have money to pay them... Well I choose the SEO method if I had to choose one because eventually if I make money it will be free traffic, aside from the initial SEO investment. I will say some of the examples are a bit expensive, you can get a bit more traffic from facebook for that spending.

Matteo Matt, Apr 27, 2017 IP
  3. finbol

finbol Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    SEO for me! I favour the longer-term solution.

finbol, Apr 28, 2017 IP
  4. nealhenson

nealhenson Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are spending $450 on facebook ads you should be getting more than a 60 clicks, that's over $7 per click.

Facebook do charge a lot to start off with whilst they figure out who is likely to click on your ads, give a few days and your cost per click should reduce.

If you have a budget I would advise facebook because you can get some great traffic from it, once you get better at it you will get more leads and be able to grow and scale your business over time.

nealhenson, Apr 30, 2017 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    AdWords / Bing Ads. Make sure though you do it the right way. You can spend a fortune and get no results. @Lucid Web Marketing seems to always give a good rundown on how to do it the right way.

qwikad.com, Apr 30, 2017 IP
  6. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seems to me this depends on your immediate situation.

If you want traffic now you go to the paid resources that you feel will bring the highest number of visitors.

If you're testing your marketing messages you want traffic now also, so the same condition (traffic now) applies.

If you have more time than money you haven't a lot of choice beyond the slower methods.

JoeSpirit, Apr 30, 2017 IP
  7. BrookeHarper

BrookeHarper Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'll go with #4 and #5. Content Marketing with SEO is a killer combo strategy. The gains you acquire through these methods are also long-term. At the same time, you build up your company's reputation through creating engaging and relevant content.

BrookeHarper, Apr 30, 2017 IP
  8. All Marketing Trends

All Marketing Trends Member

Best Answers:
    You may go with content marketing, search engine optimizing and social media marketing. Content marketing and social media marketing can brings instant result, SEO may take time but effective for long term investment but keywords must need to be high search in google.

All Marketing Trends, Apr 30, 2017 IP
  9. phptechie

phptechie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @FarrisFahad
    It entirely depends on your purpose & business model.

For instance a service provider like me wouldn't have much budget , so I would prefer to go the cheapest possible way boosting traffic by 1.Writing articles in websites related to my area of business
    2. helping / providing suggestions to other people in tech forums that are in need of technical help at free of cost (though I charge for the actual service like programming etc,.)
    3. Testimonials / References from clients etc,..
    This way of marketing is purely organic & definitely will take enough time & effort to get ROI.
    Whereas if your business demands more traffic at very less time , then you have to look for paid advertising options as you listed in your post.
    But again choosing the best optimal way of doing this at cost effective manner comes only through experience , I mean you will have to try & test each of the method my spending little money on each method & choose the best that yields better results.

From the current scenario , I prefer to go with Facebook advertisement , though its bit costly , you can reach the wide range of target audience & the response will also be appreciable.

Anyway this is my personal opinion , choose the best that fits your budget & business model.

Hope this helps :)

phptechie, Apr 30, 2017 IP
  10. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd choose Adwords. But also, try to get the best out of the means you can use for free, such as social media and SEO.

Anitasol, May 1, 2017 IP
  11. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Which one to choose? Simple. You advertise where your prospects are.

It used to be that people would use the Yellow Pages - if you are under 25, these were printed local directories given away for free. Yes, paper. It was also distributed once a year. It was fast, easy and the most accessible way to find a business for your needs. It was also pretty much the only way.

You can still use the YPs (where available, typically small towns). It also is not very focused because nobody having access may need or want what you sell.

The very best is when someone is actively searching. Most these days use a search engine so showing them an ad at that very moment cannot be beat by any other medium. It has become fast, easy and accessible for everyone, at their fingertips, much more than paper. Since they are searching, they are showing they have an immediate need and more likely to convert. Hence, search is the best ROI in most cases.

In search engines, you can try to rank organically or buy traffic. You should use both. One can compliment the other. It's not a question of using one or the other.

There are other places on the internet you can advertise. Facebook shows ads too. So does Google and many others. There is however a big difference between search and advertising on other sites: they are not actively searching. You are therefore just trying to pick their interest. Hence, the ROI is lower. It may still be good enough if you do things correctly but usually a much lower ROI. It depends on a lot of things.

So the answer to the OP's question is, I would use all that apply. I know the question was if I had to "choose one" as if it's impossible to choose more than one. The point is, it is possible to choose more than one and even all of them.

Lucid Web Marketing, May 1, 2017 IP
    mike30 likes this.
  12. sallydaniel28

sallydaniel28 Peon

Best Answers:
    Social media advertising is one of the best tactics around that supplement the other inbound marketing efforts you are doing to increase traffic. Each social media platform has its pros and cons and offers an opportunity to post engaging and suitable content.

LinkedIn is one of the most used social media options for paid marketing if you are specifically targeting business professionals and highly qualified people.

LinkedIn

The user base of LinkedIn mostly consists of business professionals which is the greatest advantage when it comes to marketing on this media. Hence, more often your paid ads are checked by individuals who are business-minded. So you have a better chance of reaching the right group of people by using this social media for paid marketing purpose.

Targeting Niche Groups

It is also possible to target niche groups with LinkedIn just as in Facebook. You can target specific categories such as employee title, demographics, and location. These are the benefits of promoting on LinkdedIn. Another plus side is that those who do click on your paid ad are much more qualified professionals as compared to other social media networks.

Paid Marketing Can Be Expensive

Promoting your campaign on LinkedIn can be a costly affair. The cost of running an advertisement campaign on LinkedIn is normally around four to five dollar per click. However, if you are going for the top and highly qualified people then you must choose this medium for paid marketing.

LinkedIn helps you to reach a higher-quality audience who are really interested in your type of business automatically bypassing those not interested at all. However, the negative side is that you cannot expect high click-through-rate for your advertisement.

For example, if you get around 1 in 200 impressions on Facebook, you can expect only 1 in 500 impressions on LinkedIn. Yet again, it is the best option if you intend to reach a high level of professionals and businessmen.

sallydaniel28, May 10, 2017 IP
  13. sallydaniel28

sallydaniel28 Peon

Best Answers:
    Online digital marketing is one of the most necessary tools for a company. And it is imperative that you understand the use of some of the best tools in this genre to attract maximum traffic and take your business forward.

Here are the some of the best online marketing strategies you should follow:

Search Engine Optimization And Marketing

Your website can appear in the top index pages on the search engine with proper implementation of search engine optimization and marketing. A strong SEO strategy uses the right keywords within the body copy, titles, Meta tags and image tags. Such strategies make it easier for the users to find your website among all your competitors.

Using the Perfect Web Design

Many companies do not give a second thought to the design of their website. However, having a perfect and user-friendly web design is one of the important tools of online marketing. A good design encourages the visitor to stay for a longer time on your webpage.

Proper arrangement of content, images, and videos with the right amount of breathing space in between ensures that the visitor feels like returning to your website. Make the web page easy to read; clean and interesting enough or you will lose the customers.

Also, it is very important to create a website design that his highly updated, mobile-friendly and attention grabbing.

Using Associate or Affiliate Programs

Although these type of programs are not effective for every business, their implementation in the right way can surely make a big difference to your marketing efforts. Such programs should be used by taking help of online marketing experts to get desired results. Proper implementation ensures rapid improvement in the number of visitors.

When you implement an affiliate program, people who trust you share information about your product or services and there is a considerable growth in your business.

sallydaniel28, May 18, 2017 IP
  14. collegeOnlineJob

collegeOnlineJob Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would start with the second Facebook option. And maybe change it a little bit.
    At first, I would boost articles and save the visitors with the help of a custom audience and Facebook Pixels.
    Afterward, I would retarget this group with a selling ad. Because the people already heard from you and you build trust you get very high conversion values.
    I heard from people who had an ROI of over 400%! Of course, this depends on your target group, but in my opinion, this method has a really high ROI.

collegeOnlineJob, May 18, 2017 IP
  15. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    All of them are good if you can mix them up. A good marketing strategy means using all of the methods at some given time. Varying your approach would help in reaching different people.

Milliardo, May 19, 2017 IP
  16. Brian Jakcson

Brian Jakcson Member

Best Answers:
    I strongly recommend #4 and #5. I took my last site from 0 to now 120,000 visitors per month in under one year. It gets 100% of its traffic from SEO and social. Never paid a single penny on advertising. I am a writer though, so you have to calculate in the time I spent writing in the evenings. But content marketing and SEO can be a very cost-effective way to bring in traffic.

I recommend iWriter for cheap content and WriterAccess for higher-quality content.

Brian Jakcson, May 22, 2017 IP
  17. Rachel Kieran

Rachel Kieran Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Big businesses use all digital marketing tactics from paid social marketing to organic and paid search engine marketing but small businesses normally outsource these services by other specialized brands because it is more costly for them to hire different resources for making digital marketing department. Our company Branex.com also provides all types of specialized digital marketing services to brands looking for greater exposure, brand awareness and increased conversion rates.

Rachel Kieran, May 30, 2017 IP