1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

best Free website creator

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Pablo Mena, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Pablo Mena

Pablo Mena Member

Best Answers:
    Yes... she is gonna try Weebly... thanks for the help.

Pablo Mena, May 8, 2017 IP
  2. ShortGuyzRule

ShortGuyzRule Active Member

Best Answers:
    That was totally unnecessary and Trollish of you Gary... I'm sure there are more productive ways for your to deal with your own self-loathing, bitterness, and lack of self-esteem than to attack and belittle people in a forum who are genuinely trying to HELP someone else...

OP: If you're looking for a decent starting point, I would suggest Weebly, not only because it's extremely "noob-friendly" and has a ton of plugins to give added functionality, but it has the additional benefits (not shared with similar website builders) of:

A) There are plenty of 3rd party themes available that you can upload (similar to how you would upload a WordPress Theme, so it's good practice), and therefore allows you to go outside of the typical "box" per-se as far as design..

B) There are a ton of 3rd party plugins and addons available, in the weebly app store and also by 3rd party designers, similar benefit as the previous

C) You can add your own HTML code and have full access to CSS, so when you do get familiar with it, you can make changes/additions as you wish

D) It is commonly believed to have better "SEO Capabilities" mainly due to the amount of access you have to implement SEO best practices (alt text, captions, H1, etc) vs most of the others which are very much "take it or leave it" "Draw within our lines" type of a deal..

E) FINALLY (and arguably the most important long term) they allow you to export your site files/code to transfer to another platform, and there are plenty of different WP Plugins available that can help you transfer a Weebly site to WP.... (I stress this, because WP is the most logical next step for you, and the most popular Blogging platform - turned - CMS on the internet, and has been for years)

Anyway, hope this helps ! :-P

ShortGuyzRule, May 14, 2017 IP
  3. tel_E_v1s0r

tel_E_v1s0r Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    wordpress ofc it's great and simple

tel_E_v1s0r, May 14, 2017 IP
  4. Pablo Mena

Pablo Mena Member

Best Answers:
    Great! ... thanks a lot for your inputs.

Pablo Mena, May 15, 2017 IP
  5. Scriptechweb

Scriptechweb Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is the best platform for creating a website where any newbie can create a website. You can create a website easily, its very simple for any naive user.

Scriptechweb, May 15, 2017 IP
  6. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Trollish? I made a statement regarding what I, through long experience in web development, specifically in the area of debugging consulting, consider to be bad advice. There's too much of that kind of silliness in circulation to allow it to go unchallenged.

Instead of debating the content of my post you chose to start with an ad hom attack on myself. I doubt you're qualified to make a psychological determination. If you are, you're unethical; making an evaluation without examination. Or maybe you're psychic?

I stand by my post. The drag and drop applications are not fit for purpose if that purpose is to build a non-trivial web site.

kk5st, May 16, 2017 IP
    mmerlinn and malky66 like this.
  7. ShortGuyzRule

ShortGuyzRule Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Gary, TROLLISH - There are 1000's of ways to provide your point of view without attacking and belittling someone - YOU, however, chose to be an asshole to someone who was simply asking for advice, whether YOU approve of the tools they were asking about or not is immaterial to how you chose to respond to that - much more like a bratty child than an adult...

And for the record, no part of what I said in either this response or the last in any way resembles a "diagnosis" - and you made yourself look publicly ridiculous with that statement... Those are simply CASUAL OBSERVATIONS - and I'm sure any reasonable reading this thread would come to the same conclusion...

PS - I don't like bullies - quit being one (behind a computer screen or not)

ShortGuyzRule, May 29, 2017 IP
  8. barbara robbinson

barbara robbinson Peon

Best Answers:
    Today there is a fearless competition in the app market. Therefore, developers need to follow best application development practices. A good mobile experience surely helps to increase the customer base for the app while a bad experience easily degrades retention and engagement rate. When it comes to application development, it itself is a complicated process as it involves proper planning and execution to get appropriate results.

For More on Application Development Visit my blog

barbara robbinson, Nov 27, 2017 IP
  9. Tracey Wood

Tracey Wood Member

Best Answers:
    You can try this sites.
    Blogger
    WordPress
    weebly
    bravenet
    jigsy.com
    webgarden.com

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    Tracey Wood, Nov 28, 2017 IP
  10. Omnitec1018

Omnitec1018 Member

Best Answers:
    Wix is most popular..
    You can try sitebuilder as well..

Omnitec1018, Dec 7, 2017 IP
  11. Abu Waqar Arif

Abu Waqar Arif Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    Look no further Go for WordPress
    I can give you drag and drop visual builder theme.

Abu Waqar Arif, Dec 20, 2017 IP
  12. Intuz

Intuz Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is one of the best website development platforms.

Intuz, Dec 21, 2017 IP
  13. blueink02

blueink02 Member

Best Answers:
    Weebly is yet another free website builder just like wix. Both are easy to use, but they lack more customization options. If you are serious about your website like you want to build a brand or earn money, better opt for self hosted wordpress.

blueink02, May 11, 2018 IP
  14. Altometa

Altometa Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Wordpress is very customizable. Check out their recent TwentySeventeen Theme. I use that on my porftolio (Sadly, I couldn't link it here because of the forum restriction).

Just change the images, setup the menus, and you're all set. The theme also comes with a self-explanatory customizer that allows you to change some of the theme's behavior.

Altometa, Jun 24, 2018 IP
  15. najahs

najahs Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you have time to learn wordpress it is easy to learn and in few days you can be able to make a website without learning coding, avoid free website creator, and as Shivani said start with wordpress.com it is free and powerful.

najahs, Jun 27, 2018 IP
  16. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Hard to say what's a bigger laugh; the one-post wonder-putz mouth-breathers mindlessly parroting "use wordpress" in complete ignorance and incompetence, or that this thread is now 14 months old.

deathshadow, Jun 27, 2018 IP
  17. qbeststar

qbeststar Member

Best Answers:
    My choice it's WIX dot com , the best free builder

qbeststar, Jun 28, 2018 IP
  18. Altometa

Altometa Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The 14 months old thread still appears on the popular threads "right now" part of the forum. I don't know what "right now" means to you guys... but I replied because I thought it was a post happening right now. Didn't checked the date though, I trusted the word "Right now"... my bad.

Altometa, Jun 30, 2018 IP
    macstux likes this.
  19. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Don't feel too bad. The topic died in late 2017 and was dug up and rites were celebrated to zombify it in May of this year.

Blame it on the guy who disinterred it.

gary

kk5st, Jul 1, 2018 IP
  20. Altometa

Altometa Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    This...

Not really blaming anyone. I'm just saying that this thread should have been locked you know. That is if nobody really wants zombies rising up from the grave. Lol.

Altometa, Jul 1, 2018 IP