1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you optimize your website to reduce bounce rate?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by lowriderzzz, May 10, 2017.

Hello!

When you make A/B tests and see the results do you after that optimize your websites for less bounce rate %?

I am asking in general. Less bounce rate % results in more people spending time on your site/page and thus reading more of the content and making it more likely to purchase from you.

So if you optimize your websites to reduce bounce rate, how do you that and what % bounce rate is ideal and which one is sort of OK?

Cheers

lowriderzzz, May 10, 2017 IP
  2. jamilWinkelbaum

jamilWinkelbaum Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, the ideal bounce rate would vary according to the site you have. For example, you'd see different bounce rates running a news vs ecommerce site.
    In terms of optimizing a site to reduce bounce rate, you could modify the wording on your site and the layout of how things appear. This is something you'll have to determine through your A/B testing.

jamilWinkelbaum, May 12, 2017 IP
  3. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I am. I'm trying to reduce the bounce rate by increase the quality and the length of articles. If you articles are helpful and long enough, people will spend more time to read on the rest of them. Then the bounce rate will decrease, the time on site will increase.

daica85, May 14, 2017 IP
  4. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Keep in mind that bounce rate isn't necessarily a bad thing. That understanding recently came to my attention when a highly successful affiliate marketer explained it to me.

If you have links to products on your site (and don't most of have them?) when a visitor lands on the page and clicks on one of those links without viewing another page on that site - that's a bounce because they only visited one page before clicking away.

Before you decide you need to reduce your bounce rate I suggest you first figure out the actual reason for the bounce rate.

I'll take a high bounce due to traffic clicking on my offers any day.

JoeSpirit, May 14, 2017 IP
    Anitasol likes this.
  5. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Joe. There's no such thing as an ideal bounce rate. That always depends on your business.

Anitasol, May 14, 2017 IP
  6. devdev

devdev Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    On all of my sites, I use WordPress BTW, I install a plugin called WordPress Popular Posts. Set it up and place the given code under my single posts (once they're past the content, ads, comments). I've seen bounce rates drop by 25-30% doing this.

devdev, May 23, 2017 IP