1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best site for programming.

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Ryan_Stevens, Apr 20, 2017.

Hi,
    I'm new here friend anyone knows which website is the best to know about programming and also learn about programming? Any suggestion?

Ryan_Stevens, Apr 20, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    There are lots.
    What exactly are you wanting to learn how to do?
    Will it be a hobby or is your interest professional?
    Are you happy to pay for top notch courses or are you happy to do a bit more legwork to find the info and save some money?

Since you're in America you may be able to access the Lynda.com courses through your local library.
    And then there's Coursera and lots of other resources. It really does depend on your objectives.

sarahk, Apr 20, 2017 IP
  3. Ryan_Stevens

Ryan_Stevens Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sorry I didn't mention. I want to know and get knowledge about computer programming.

Ryan_Stevens, Apr 20, 2017 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That doesn't even begin to help.
    Computer programming can mean learning to code to analyse the data streams from giant telescopes that search for distant galaxies
    or it could mean you want to be able to put up a wordpress website and feel confident to make changes to the templates and plugins

If we don't know your objectives we can't point you in the right direction.

sarahk, Apr 21, 2017 IP
  5. GFX2

GFX2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can grab a book on a subject you'd like to learn. Read a book as your warm up for programming.

GFX2, Apr 21, 2017 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I sincerely disagree. Doing practical stuff is far more engaging and your brain remembers better.

sarahk, Apr 21, 2017 IP
  7. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Expanding a bit on what @sarahk said.

The more parts of your body that are involved in a project, the better your brain remembers it.

mmerlinn, Apr 21, 2017 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  8. nekowai

nekowai Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All I ever used was php.net.

nekowai, Apr 24, 2017 IP
  9. mkkhatri

mkkhatri Member

Best Answers:
    W3school is the best one.

mkkhatri, May 4, 2017 IP
  10. Tabassum - m

Tabassum - m Member

Best Answers:
    W3school, HTML Forums and quora is best to participate, to learn new things in programming

Tabassum - m, May 13, 2017 IP
  11. nspl_forum_user

nspl_forum_user Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    w3schools and tutorialspoint are best so far.

nspl_forum_user, Jul 26, 2017 IP
  12. Ahemd

Ahemd Peon

Best Answers:
    Marker Drawing

Ahemd, Aug 1, 2017 IP
  13. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As usual @sarahk is making a good point. I agree that doing practical stuff is good for the learning process. "Learning by doing" like a famous man said. My suggestion is that you try W3School. Their tutorials are easy to understand and there are plenty of exercises that give you the opportunity to implement your newly acquired knowledge in a practical way.

MrKing01, Aug 1, 2017 IP
  14. einsteinsboi

einsteinsboi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Code Academy online is good to start, and you don't need to install anything. https://www.codecademy.com/
    You can then follow that up with Hacker Rank: https://www.hackerrank.com/ - great for coding challenges and also puts you in front of recruiters if you're looking for a job, but their challenges are also great for learning

einsteinsboi, Aug 3, 2017 IP
  15. ractors

ractors Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Ryan,

If you are just starting programming and want to build up a solid foundation for the future, then go with learning programming fundamentals. Some course form edx may be helpful in this regards. Like Introduction to Computing using Python, this is a free course and the language used to teach programming is Python which is a general purpose programming language OR scripting language, which is easy to pick for beginners. It is a self-paced 16 weeks course and at the end of the course, you will be knowing -
    • General principles of programming: procedural programming, control structures, and data structures
    • Programming in Python, including variables, operators, loops, conditionals, functions, error handling, and advanced data structures
    • Applications of programming to computer graphics and human-computer interaction
    After learning fundaments and Python you can pick some other languages of your interest like JAva or PHP and learn some other advance concepts like OOP.

ractors, Aug 3, 2017 IP
  16. carmenegdd

carmenegdd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Code Academy is pretty cool if you're new also, when you get more experienced and like to put in practice your logic, I'd go with hackerrank in order to practice some little exercises here and there is pretty awesome, there's project euler too but most of those are kinda advanced! I kinda never check that out haha. Also learn the basics of a language since pretty much programming languages' structure are the same, just the syntax is what changes in most cases.

carmenegdd, Aug 23, 2017 IP
  17. BinkyM

BinkyM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lynada courses is good to learn

BinkyM, Aug 23, 2017 IP
  18. designtech44

designtech44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sarahk, you are funny, yes I agree with you on knowing what you want to do with programming. For me I discovered that I wanted to learn wordpress and plugins, because I was doing another business and I did not have the money to hire a web person. I learned wordpress and I needed traffic, so I learn SEO and how to monetize my videos on youtube, back in 2006. Today I know I want to build web sites from the ground up and edit wordpress Themes to fit a more specific trade. Thank you for your imput.

hey Ryan,
    I have looked at the edx and they are great. This guy is asking about where to start, he sounds like a deer in the headlights. I found a guy that shows it all for free. cleverprogrammer.com .. and learn python in one day on kindel books .... I will be starting at GA tech this Nov, for the bootcamp. I hope to share what I get out of it, later.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2017
    designtech44, Sep 4, 2017 IP
  19. Harry Patel

Harry Patel Peon

Best Answers:
    Ive heard very good things about udacity especially for languages that are in demand in the industry

Harry Patel, Oct 3, 2017 IP
  20. sholak

sholak Peon

Best Answers:
    just check tutorial sites on net, i learned myself from online tutorials and today my site has many online users.

sholak, Oct 4, 2017 IP