1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Multi-languages and Wordpress

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by linkstraffic, Apr 21, 2017.

Hi guys, it's been a long time I'vn't posted anything, I will fix this !

A kind of poll today before I write an article on this topic, I 'm interested in what you guys think when choosing a wordpress plugin for you translation, for instance if you provide your content in 2 languages :
    - do you use 2 domain names, a different sub domain or a specific directory ?
    - do you translate manually or automatically ?
    - which plugin do you use if you use one ?

if you have some other view about this, I'm opened !
    Thanks.

linkstraffic, Apr 21, 2017 IP
  2. e-stonia

e-stonia Active Member

Best Answers:
    - I use /en subdirectory for English etc. It's good as I get the SEO juice all for one domain. It's good choice if vast majority of visitors are in one language.

- Manually. Automatic is really a crap.

- I think the best one is Plylang plugin for WP that I use: https://wordpress.org/plugins/polylang/

e-stonia, May 1, 2017 IP
  3. linkstraffic

linkstraffic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Finally, I've tested a few. I agree saying that automatic is crap and I also tried using WPML along with Gengo but with Visual Composer, there must be some tweaking to get it working fine otherwise you obtain a lot duplicates.
    Anyway WPML is not bad, I will keep using it.
    I also use /en sub directories.

For another project I chose to use 2 different websites, the target is a little different and the main website doesn't work the same for different countries so for optimal results I use 2. There is no much work in addition while translating so that will be my best choice.
    I've practiced on Qtranslate as well but I prefer WPML, I haven't used polylang, I might give it a try.
    Thanks for the answer.

linkstraffic, May 9, 2017 IP
  4. Bielefelder

Bielefelder Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this post. This is exactly what I needed ;-)

Bielefelder, Jun 26, 2017 IP