1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help needed with editing a Template

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by marypainter, May 7, 2017.

Hi I do not know much about coding and I am using a free template from https://html5up.net/editorial . Call me a goof but after making the whole website I have realized that it violates many of the adsense policies, such as the sidebar is sticky and fixed on desktop and doesn't get scrolled with rest of the text and on tablet and phone it covers the whole text and and all the ads.
    Please tell me that how can I make the sidebar non sticky on desktop and make it appear under the text area when site is opened on tablet and desktop?

I am almost crying now.

marypainter, May 7, 2017 IP
  2. machinist_911

machinist_911 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Can you please share the URL of your site?

machinist_911, May 7, 2017 IP
  3. Rokis

Rokis Member

Best Answers:
    I can only try and imagine what you want from us without giving us the source code or something to work with...

Rokis, May 8, 2017 IP
  4. marypainter

marypainter Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you, the code is given at https://html5up.net/editorial

I have not uploaded it yet but the template that I am using is at https://html5up.net/editorial

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2017
    marypainter, May 8, 2017 IP
  5. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Considering that the page url above does not work correctly (and contains coding errors), I am not be surprised that the download does not work correctly either and probably also contains coding errors.

Since the page does not explain what the download does, I won't download it for fear of embedded viruses in it.

mmerlinn, May 8, 2017 IP
  6. marypainter

marypainter Active Member

Best Answers:
    Then how would you look at it? I have checked it and it has no viruses for sure

marypainter, May 8, 2017 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'd be looking at your implementation - I just checked the site using chrome's inspect and changed the size to mobile and it looked fine.
    If you are just learning expect to try something, spend ages on it, decide not to use it, try the next thing. It's how you learn.

sarahk, May 8, 2017 IP