1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Afternic is scamming me for $400

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Afternic_is_Scam, May 5, 2017.

I paid for a domain for $400 to afternic.com on Apr 17 2017.
    Afternic has failed to transfer the domain to my registrar. about 10 days after I heard nothing from them I threatened them to open a dispute on paypal if they dont refund my money or transfer the domain to me. At that time They unlock the domain and sent me the Authcode, When I started the transfer they rejected the transfer in middle.
    I opened a paypal dispute in return and Now they are not transferring nor refunding my money.

Afternic.com is scamming its customer.
    Screenshot attached.
    [​IMG]

Afternic_is_Scam, May 5, 2017 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I must be missing something here. English not being my first language must be the problem. If you paid by Visa why can't you simply contact Visa and cancel the transaction? I have found Visa to be reasonable in dealing with situations such as this.
    But you having waited 10 days could be an issue, I would have cancelled after 48 hours.

Spoiltdiva, May 5, 2017 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Who is not refunding your money? If you win the dispute PayPal will refund you. Did you win the dispute? By the way, you should escalate it to a claim if you have not yet.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
    qwikad.com, May 5, 2017 IP
  4. Afternic_is_Scam

Afternic_is_Scam Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Afternic.com is not refunding me, I paid them $400 for a domain name, When they receive the money they stopped communicating with me.... I contacted several employees emails and also their support form in their broken website but no success, Then I dispute the payment when I find out that they have no intention in transferring the domain to me.
    I havent escalated it into a claim yet, still hoping these crooks refund me which is not going to happen

Afternic_is_Scam, May 5, 2017 IP
  5. Zoti Media Group

Zoti Media Group Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If he chargeback from visa paypal will put his account under negative balance.

Zoti Media Group, May 5, 2017 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  6. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    "if you win", and winning anything from paypal on digital goods is unlikely. a bank told me once that financial institutions are not required to
    reverse any transactions that fall under "digital class" this is because it rarely cant be proven since the bank is not present to witness such
    transactions, or does not include a signature, then it becomes he said, she said, they said, etc. and too give you an example, I stayed a hotel one time, then noticed the
    hotel charged me more then what I had signed on my receipt without any explanations, so I thought ok, I got proof that they over-charged
    me from the original signed receipt until the time I check out, so this would be a sure win, nope, bank refused to hear anything about the
    overcharge; I even offered to send the receipt in as proof; my own bank threw me under the bus, and they did not care one bit, and within
    3 days, I closed the account, and moved to another bank, and they still did not care when I told them why I was moving to another bank.

banks can absolutely do what they want regardless of law, as an individual, what are you doing to do, bitch about it? Banks say they are are
    guaranteed by the govt, however, have you have seen a bank go under, did you ever get your money back, how long did it take, years? you are
    taking the word of the govt that you will get your money back if a bank goes under, however, they never say when you will get it back, ROFL...

so, end game, the credit card may or maybe reverse the transaction,
    however, paypal does not like it when you go over their head, this is
    why they have an automated dispute dept! and I am going to take a
    stab in the dark that there would be a clause in paypal TOS concerning
    filing disputes from your credit card, and if that does violate their
    terms of service, then technically, paypal could close your account...

on the other hand, maybe you get lucky with paypal, on rare instances
    I have heard people that win their case, no matter the case, whenever
    you have to deal with your bank/paypal, then they are in charge....

IMO, if you file a dispute with your credit card on a fiver charge, then
    fiver will close your account, it is in their TOS! THEY WANT TO BE
    IN CHARGE OF YOUR MONEY, NOT YOU! IT DOES NOT MATTER WHY!

Last edited: May 5, 2017
    dscurlock, May 5, 2017 IP
  7. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    @dscurlock I did win disputes on digital goods. I didn't even have to escalate them to a claim. All I did was I asked for a refund stating that the item was not as described (explaining what was not as described). The other party never replied, PayPal refunded me the money.

qwikad.com, May 5, 2017 IP
  8. Afternic_is_Scam

Afternic_is_Scam Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It depends on history of seller, If a seller have lots of problem, probably similar to afternic, the paypal will consider it and decide in your favour. You have a higher chance in this case.

Afternic_is_Scam, May 6, 2017 IP
  9. GameO.Over

GameO.Over Active Member

Best Answers:
    This.

By the sounds of it they have no defence. They either won't respond or will pay up/transfer the domain. I agree it can be sometimes difficult to win a PP case as the buyer but this seems clear cut.

GameO.Over, May 6, 2017 IP