1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Conversions are not Credited Accordingly

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Jeff Rodburg, May 1, 2017.

Are there any other situations where a conversion will not be credited to the publisher?

For example, the consumer did click on my tracking link but the user copied the URL of the advertiser's site to another browser and decided to make the sale/conversion there. I am still new to internet marketing and I would want to be aware of every possibility. Please share your knowledge on this as it would be helpful to other beginners as well.

Jeff Rodburg, May 1, 2017 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I doubt that many people would go to that extent. Maybe one out of a thousand? I wouldn't worry much about that.

qwikad.com, May 1, 2017 IP
  3. Jeff Rodburg

Jeff Rodburg Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I admit that was an extreme. Care to share some scenarios where conversion may not count? It doesn't have to be an unlikely one.

Jeff Rodburg, May 2, 2017 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Most aff. programs use cookies or pixels to register a sale. Most payment services automatically take you back to a specific page after the payment or you have to click on a link to return to that specific page. The problem is not everybody clicks on that link, rather they just go back to the site's main page via the browser. In those cases your commission will probably be lost.

qwikad.com, May 2, 2017 IP
  5. Jeff Rodburg

Jeff Rodburg Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So you mean if they click on the "<-" button instead?

Last edited: May 4, 2017
    Jeff Rodburg, May 4, 2017 IP