1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is semantic SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Syed Ahsn, Apr 16, 2017.

I've no idea about what is semantic SEO? A few months ago I was interviewed by a client and he asked me about semantic SEO and backlinking. I simply reply that I am not familiar with this term of SEO, in short, he refused to give me his work. Now I came across this forum and I hope it would be the best place for me. If anybody has a command on semantic SEO please share with me.

Solved! View solution.
    Syed Ahsn, Apr 16, 2017 IP
    According to google: When you use semantic search, Google will dive into the relationship between those words, how they work together, and attempt to understand what those words mean. In a nutshell, semantic SEO refers to search results that don't contain your exact search term

David Jones42, Apr 16, 2017 IP
  3. Syed Ahsn

Syed Ahsn Member

Best Answers:
    Can you please explain with an example? It would be a lot easier for me then if you have any example about it.

Syed Ahsn, Apr 19, 2017 IP
  4. Nick Chernets

Nick Chernets Member

Best Answers:
    Have you already used google for it?

Nick Chernets, Apr 19, 2017 IP
  5. Syed Ahsn

Syed Ahsn Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, But I didn't find anything which could be quite understandable for me.

Syed Ahsn, Apr 20, 2017 IP
  6. Ashwani Joshi

Ashwani Joshi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Semantics is the study of meaning. Meaning itself is a broad area of study. It can refer to lexical meaning or structural meaning (the meaning related to the structure of sentence). I will try to give the example of structural meaning.
    A sentence consists of pragmatic information and semantic information. For example:

I buy a new car. It is expensive.

Pragmatic information will tell that "it" is an old information in the second sentence referring to "a new car".

Meanwhile, semantic information (structural meaning) will provide the information on the role of the noun available in the construction/sentence. For the sentence above:
    the subject "I" is the agent who does the action of buying and the object "a new car" is the patient since it is the receiver of the action "buy".
    Beside, still related to semantic info, the verb "buy" requires two participants (the buyer and the thing being bought). The sentence "I buy a new car" already meets the requirement since there is the buyer (I) and the thing being bought (a new car).
    Sorry for my bad English
    Thanks & Regards

Ashwani Joshi, Apr 24, 2017 IP
  7. Syed Ahsn

Syed Ahsn Member

Best Answers:
    Good in favor of me, Thanks for your precious time @Ashwani Joshi.

Syed Ahsn, Apr 27, 2017 IP
  8. Ashwani Joshi

Ashwani Joshi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ashwani Joshi, May 2, 2017 IP
  9. NetProphets

NetProphets Banned

Best Answers:
    Semantic search seeks to improve search accuracy by understanding how user searches intent and the contextual meaning of terms as they appear in Search

NetProphets, May 2, 2017 IP
    Anitasol likes this.
  10. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    For example, if your main long-tail keywords include the word "book", Google might include words "reading material/s", "Kindle", "eBook", "paperback", etc. in the search results, because all these words can be related to the main keyword "book".

I hope you get what it means now. :)

Anitasol, May 2, 2017 IP
  11. Syed Ahsn

Syed Ahsn Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, thanks to all its quite good for me, I understand a lot from you guys.

Syed Ahsn, May 3, 2017 IP
  12. cinemagicllc

cinemagicllc Member

Best Answers:
    Currently, it's similar to a search engine giving you its best guess, based only on the keywords and text you come into into the search box. But through semantic SEO, search engines will dump into the relationship between the words you enter, how they are functioning together, and then try to appreciate what the words mean.

cinemagicllc, May 4, 2017 IP
  13. Jason1212

Jason1212 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    When you use linguistics search, Google will dive into the association between those words, but they work on and arrange to understand what those words mean. In a very shell, linguistics SEO refers to seem results that don't contain your precise search term.

Jason1212, May 4, 2017 IP
  14. eFusion World

eFusion World Member

Best Answers:
    A simple sentence or two will not be sufficient to describe this sea-changes in search engine optimization. Think of semantic as "meaning" and link it to ideas of value, authority and viewer intent and context and you will begin to see the significance of semantic SEO.

eFusion World, May 19, 2017 IP