1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to choose a domain name

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by MacSporran, Mar 28, 2017.

hi, We have just launched our beauty saloons in two different regions, we want to register a domain name for our saloon but every good name is already registered, some of them are for sale, can anyone guide me how to choose a perfect domain name.

MacSporran, Mar 28, 2017 IP
  2. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome to you MacSporran! You domain name for your saloon must be unique and not similar with every good name that you mention. The combination of your brand name and your field of business to form a new and creative domain name for the unique call to action to the users.

KylieSweet, Mar 29, 2017 IP
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Go for a brandable domain with a keyword that clearly defines the industry you're in.

dcristo, Mar 29, 2017 IP
  4. daniel27lt

daniel27lt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Personally, before I would register a business in the real world I would make sure the domain is not taken. Why might you ask? Because the online world these days are just as important. For example, you have a saloon called Beutilla, but you have a website called beutysalooninthehills.com. So when someone enters "Beutilla" in search engines, it might not show up (Only if your brand is unique and do some SEO). Not just this, but personally l don't like a business that has a completely different domain name, looks unprofessional. But that's my opinion. Either way would still work. But try to keep your business name unique. Something that stands out is always a good start.

daniel27lt, Mar 30, 2017 IP
  5. Aybam

Aybam Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, i would advice going for a name brandable, and ensure the uniqueness is 100% outstanding. It really goes a long way.

Aybam, Apr 1, 2017 IP
  6. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well it's hard since you did the brick name first. I would have done internet name first to make sure it's available. But since you did the brick try using variation.
    If it's Bella Saloon and bellasallon. Com is taken try bellasalooninc or bellasaloonhair. Or some variation where you keep the main part.

superrichguy, Apr 2, 2017 IP
  7. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think at first you should choose names related to your business brand (beauty saloons) with .COM. If it was taken then try .NET, .ORG or ccTLD at your location. If all are taken then you can buy one of them are selling (if you have enough budget). Otherwise you can also add some surfixes to the end of names you choose such as yourname247, yourname360, yourname360,...IMO

Good luck to you,

daica85, Apr 3, 2017 IP
  8. Sherlyn Shah

Sherlyn Shah Member

Best Answers:
    Always have two word domain name in such a way that it doesn't contain any numeric or alpha numeric symbols..Also the keyword as your domain name should be SEO oriented means search fiendly words on Google in simple words

Sherlyn Shah, Apr 3, 2017 IP
  9. arvind00557

arvind00557 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    domain name should be unique and must have your targeted keyword..you can add few words before and after you keyword to get a domain name....for example for blogging, we can have iloveblogging.com, blogging007.com, blogging4u.org, bloggingspot.co...this way you can rename you domain and add your targeted keyword...!!!

arvind00557, Apr 3, 2017 IP
  10. Aybam

Aybam Peon

Best Answers:
    To buttress what you've just said, picking a name for a domains is very technical. When picking you should ensure your name is SEO optimised, catchy keyword/ Trending words related to your domain name should be be included.

Currently need the groups opinion on my current movement, I need promising ads company that i can partner with on my new project, an ads company that will handle my adverts in a more unique manner. Your opinions are highly welcomed.

Aybam, Apr 4, 2017 IP
  11. Tabassum - m

Tabassum - m Member

Best Answers:
    If you go for some seo friendly short TLDs, it will not be available.
    I would suggest you to go with brand able domain names, those will be available.
    Here is the recommended article on it: http://ultimeztechnologyblog.blogspot.in/2016/11/stylish-website-design-for-salon-ultimez.html

Tabassum - m, Apr 9, 2017 IP
  12. Jack778

Jack778 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would go with short, catchy, unique, brandable domain names like aveda, adora, etc

Jack778, Apr 12, 2017 IP
  13. Scriptechweb

Scriptechweb Member

Best Answers:
    You can research keywords related to your niche or else check with online tools for domain suggestions such as nameboy and many other tools are out there.

Scriptechweb, Apr 12, 2017 IP
  14. Jack778

Jack778 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Aveda.com is a famous and popular name brand for hair products and saloons. Adora.com would do the same. It would make an excellent, exquisite and elegant name brand and domain name for your saloon business. It is short, unique and catchy, very easy to remember, and it has Premium Letters 'a'. It can create buzz, position you as a true leader and innovator, and reinforce your value proposition in the word. That's powerful. It can convey a culture or a position, and differentiate your saloon business from the rest of the market.

Jack778, Apr 17, 2017 IP
  15. DylanC

DylanC Member

Best Answers:
    There are a few domain name generators that you can try like namemesh.com and panabee.com

DylanC, Apr 18, 2017 IP
  16. divyavm123

divyavm123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Select Your Domain Name on these following points
    1.Keep it short and easy to type
    2.Use Your Keyword
    3.Target Your Area eg: OnlineBusinesshosting.xyz
    4.Choose a appropriate extension which suits your business criteria like
    .co : an abbreviation for company, commerce, and community.
    .info : informational sites.
    .net : technical, Internet infrastructure sites.
    .org : non-commercial organizations and nonprofits.
    .biz : business or commercial use, like e-commerce sites.
    .me : blogs, resumes or personal sites.
    5.Easy to remember

divyavm123, Apr 28, 2017 IP
  17. sangsume

sangsume Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer using namemesh.com
    It's easy to use

sangsume, Apr 28, 2017 IP