1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

vendors and suppliers

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by yazmaz, Apr 25, 2017.

Hi

I currently have a website that i built and integrated alot of stuff into it and its like aliexpress sort of. I am trying to get vendors and suppliers to sign up and start selling their product but im struggling to getting them signed up and joining the website.

I have sent a very professional letter to each vendor about how the website has traffic and that there is no FEES. Also i understand that they are on all platforms selling their product, but why wont they join my company ? isnt more sales better for them ?

i really would appreciate someones help or suggestion

Thanks
    Mike

yazmaz, Apr 25, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You sent a letter or email?
    I reckon you're going to have to actually call up and make appointments and do the leg work. Once you get going the effort to recruit new suppliers will lessen but until you have a reputation it's going to be a grind...

You did a business plan, right? If not, do one now. Look at your competitors and create a realistic strengths and weakness grid. Get a mentor to look over your plans and decide if you're really up for this.

sarahk, Apr 25, 2017 IP
  3. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    For one, there are already many sites like what you have. Your competitors are big as well--Amazon, eBay, Alibaba just to name a few. People who have products on those sites won't find any need to put them on a site that's new and not known. You must entice your target sellers and suppliers. Also, what advantages do your site offer? People will want to make the most out of their listings, and if your site can reach out to many people in ways that the big competitors can't, then you might be on to something. Try to see what advantages you might have, and then discuss them with your target customers.

Milliardo, Apr 26, 2017 IP
  4. yazmaz

yazmaz Peon

Best Answers:
    I did not do a business plan i will be doing the new tips and advice you guys gave me in the next couple days.

I am working on a new letter that i will post here and update the venture.

Also thats what i was thinking to calling up the vendors and talking to them on the phone for the beginning till it starts getting started.

Thank you for this tip and advise.
    I am currently working on a professional letter that i can give to the vendor and then i can go from there.

yazmaz, Apr 26, 2017 IP