1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Blogger: Help with topics?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by lacedbliss, Apr 3, 2017.

I am a new blogger and I have made a couple starting posts, but I am not sure exactly what I should write about on my blog. I started my blog to have a main focus on life, fitness and tips things like that, but sometimes I don't really want to limit myself to just those topics. I want to talk about other things to help a variety of people, but I don't want to be unorganized and all over the place if that makes any sense..
    -Is it bad to have too many topics on my blog?
    -How many topics are too many?

https://lacedbliss.wordpress.com/blog/

lacedbliss, Apr 3, 2017 IP
  2. Angelictext

Angelictext Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As long as you organise your posts into categories, it shouldn't be a problem. It's better to write about topics that interest you, or the content will feel forced. Write because you enjoy it. :)

Btw, your link to the blog doesn't work...

Angelictext, Apr 3, 2017 IP
  3. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Posting in categories is one way to be organized as Angelictext said. In many of my blog sites, I organize by page in the menu rather than as blog posts. And that sometimes depends on the theme I'm using.

Here's an example. For a site about online business, I would create various menu items such as generating traffic, product creation, affiliate marketing, email marketing. Those become the parents to all articles related to each topic and I create the articles as pages. Any page about traffic info gets generating traffic as a parent, a page about sending out emails gets listed under email marketing, and so on.

JoeSpirit, Apr 4, 2017 IP
  4. rf-harris

rf-harris Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can make as many blogs as you want as long as you can update all of them at least couple of time a week. Make sure you have something useful and interesting to share with people in order to make your blogs a success.

rf-harris, Apr 4, 2017 IP
  5. Words Miracle

Words Miracle Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey,
    I am also the newstepper in blogger's world.. Still confuse to take it further....

www.wordsmiracle.com

Words Miracle, Apr 5, 2017 IP
  6. Scriptechweb

Scriptechweb Member

Best Answers:
    Before choosing a topic, I would suggest you to check Evergreen topic since its good in terms of writing an unique blog as well as it helps a lot in Adsense optimization.

Scriptechweb, Apr 5, 2017 IP
  7. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    Had a look at your site and I admit I'm confused about where you're headed with it. Seems like you want to write about your personal thoughts and feelings. I think you need to determine first what you want to focus on and then take the time to organize your site. The feeling I get when I look at your front page is that you have too many different things going on. I didn't start to understand it until I looked at your Latest Blogs page.

JoeSpirit, Apr 5, 2017 IP
  8. Words Miracle

Words Miracle Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the suggestions.. I will try to organize the things asap....

Words Miracle, Apr 5, 2017 IP
  9. GFX2

GFX2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Write about few topics to keep the blog organized. Write about topics you are good with and familiar so the post quality is high. Spend some time writing then read and the improve until you are satisfied.

GFX2, Apr 5, 2017 IP
  10. John Bavol

John Bavol Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Before branching out into all the different topics you want to talk about, determine who your target audience is. Once you have narrowed that down you can start to consider what topics will be relevant to them. If there is still more you want to talk about, consider having another blog directed at another target audience.

If you jump around in topics too much, your audience will see you more as unorganized and therefore an untrustworthy source. You want to keep a consistent voice.

Hope that helps.

John Bavol, Apr 6, 2017 IP
  11. kunalP

kunalP Member

Best Answers:
    Organise and organise! U can have multiple topics but if your website's design is easy to understand then you can categorise and have many topics. but in case you feel its getting too clustered then cut down on the topics that you post on and find something that drives you ahaead and makes you write better and keep writing about that.

kunalP, Apr 10, 2017 IP
  12. chalice

chalice Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am about to start a new blog soon and have done extensive research on many topics. But I have found a common thread that link most of them together. I am doing this on purpose so I don't box myself into talking about one or two topics. So it's not bad having various topics to touch on.

chalice, Apr 25, 2017 IP
  13. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    Identifying a common thread that links all your topics together makes sense for a single website. You only need to make that one thread the main focus of the site.

JoeSpirit, Apr 25, 2017 IP
    chalice likes this.