1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bug Set it all up, no tags detected

Discussion in 'Better Analytics' started by healthstatus, Apr 24, 2017.

the 2/3rds of my site that is wordpress has the better analytics plugin installed. API connection worked. When I look at my analytics I am only getting tracking from the non-Wordpress part of the site. Also, the gachecker.com website is not showing any tags for Wordpress section. Love what you track and would like to keep it turned on.

healthstatus, Apr 24, 2017 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What tag are you trying to detect exactly? What is your site URL?

digitalpoint, Apr 24, 2017 IP
  3. healthstatus

healthstatus Active Member

Best Answers:
    https://www.healthstatus.com/health_blog/ looking for google analytics tag or js file.

4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's definitely there and working as expected. Looking at the source, I see the expected code that Better Analytics adds and I also see events being sent to Google Analytics that are done by Better Analytics.

As far as a "Google Analytics Tag", I'm not sure what that is exactly. Can you be more specific what exactly you believe is missing?

5. healthstatus

Best Answers:
    What I am talking about "Google Analytics Tag" is the script that tells analytics a pageview happened. Pageviews are not being recorded, is better analytics handling that, or do I need to put the Universal tag from Google back into my footer/header? I get over 30,000 visitors a day. My section that is not on wordpress is showing traffic very similar to last Friday, my Wordpress section is telling me I have about 120 visitors today. At this point in the day, and based on looking at the raw apache logs, I have had at least 7000 visitors since I installed the plugin.

I have checked Analytics code in header. Not seeing anything in the header. I see some better-analytics js in the footer.

6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Okay, did some digging... the Better Analytics JavaScript code is working, and it's initiating data being sent to Google Analytics, *but* it looks like you have something installed on your site (maybe an ad platform or something) that is overriding your Google Analytics property ID. Specifically something with the Google Analytics property ID of "UA-74137834-1" is intercepting your Google Analytics logging on your site.

Did some further digging, and the culprit is a script your site is loading:

https://tag2.aetuim.com/?partner=00675cc1-3322-443f-bb7d-fef8ebff68e0

7. healthstatus

Best Answers:
    That code is on the non-Wordpress section of the site, and tracking functions with regular analytics JS. Google is compatible with updating multiple analytics accounts on one page. Thanks for digging deeper.