1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

permanenently limited Paypal for ebay seller

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by aspireE1, Apr 22, 2017.

I am in a major panic here desperately seeking advice.

I have a uk ebay acc, top rated had it a very long time, also a paypal acc around 5 years old. Live in Thailand and sell on ebay, this is such a big issue because for many ebay is a sideline but for us its a lifeline even though profits are small.

Yesterday we got an email to say our account was pemanently limited due to violations selling prescription drugs. Ok we sell mostly food supplements, cosmetics, herbal products but all with Thai FDA approval but this related to an antacid medicine that is available here over the counter. Balance is blocked from withdraw from 180 days .

We found out after many costly overseas phone calls that it is this product they don't like, even though we have sold it a long time. Offered to stop selling this product, just want the account back, it was escalated twice and we were waiting a phone call back. I know it sounds pathetic and weak but I slept zero last night worrying about it. Called again this morning but no real answer. Now I got an email saying appeal rejected, so I guess thats it nothing more I can do? never had any warning from paypal before.

So what do I do now?
    I have been reading about stealth accounts but all seems complicated and not really wanting to spend $30 on the ebook to tell me how, especially as this is Thailand based not US based? Also seen ebay & paypal accounts for sale, will these work in Thailand?

If I open a new ebay & paypal account myself what do I need to do to be sure it continues to work and is not linked to the old accounts? new Isp for ip address, new computer, new name, address, email, bank accounts. Some people seem to think to think its no problem other seem to imply that everything needs to be new. Also bear in mind we have very little budget for this.

For the profits we make many would just not bother, but as I said this is important to us, I now know what we can do without it.

Thanks for any advice.

aspireE1, Apr 22, 2017 IP
  2. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    UK eBay account and live in Thailand - that could have been an additional red flag.
    Where is the PayPal account based?

Agent000, Apr 22, 2017 IP
  3. aspireE1

aspireE1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks - It was changed correctly to a Thailand a long time ago, years. But was first opened in the UK.

The paypal I was using (the acc I am having the trouble with) is Thai regsitered and confirmed with Thai bank, a few years a go we were asked for some photo id but other than that no problems. Also have another paypal that is UK registerred but dont use it anymore - but this has been linked with this ebay account before, although not limited it would be if used I think.

Still can't believe they have done it without any warning, and looks like no chance to appeal. Still in a panic and can't seem to find an easy way through at the moment, maybe in a day or two I can think a bit more clearly about it, at the moment its just an anxious panic about what will happen here.

aspireE1, Apr 22, 2017 IP
  4. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Do you have a local Paypal number for you to call? Sometimes a phone call beats anything

wisdomtool, Apr 23, 2017 IP
  5. aspireE1

aspireE1 Peon

Best Answers:
    No usually its a Singapore number, which I called several times, then they told me this was handled by Malaysia, so found the number and called several times also. But the people in the office do not/can not help, they just say they have escalated it and the department will contactme back, I can't speak directly to them. They don't call back I just get the standard email that says appeal refused. The email comes from a .com.cn so I think in China.

aspireE1, Apr 23, 2017 IP