1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Want to become an affiliate. What do I need to do?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Techrev, Apr 9, 2017.

Hi all,

At the moment I want to become an affiliate. I am trying to find out which the most important things are and what I need to do so I can really be an affiliate, make money from doing things belong to affiliate field?

Sincerely,
    Techrev

Techrev, Apr 9, 2017 IP
  2. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello there,

First, there is one most crucial thing you need to establish: WHAT ARE YOUR PASSIONS?

Give us the answer, and we'll help you from there. :)

Anitasol, Apr 9, 2017 IP
  3. Techrev

Techrev Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Honestly I have not found what my passion is, but if earning money is one of passion types, it absolutely is mine! An addition information is that I am software developer (Desktop apps, not Web apps), it may seem to be my passion too. It would be nice if you are pleased to give me some advice regarding to what I should do. Thank you!

Techrev, Apr 9, 2017 IP
  4. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to market physical products you can do so via Commission Junction and Amazon.

For digital product try JVzoo and Clickbank.

Then study marketing techniques to learn how to sell the products you decide are a right fit for you. It's best to own and use the product you sell. If you don't know anything about it, it doesn't work for you like it's supposed to, or you don't like the product your potential customers can easily see that in your marketing messages.

JoeSpirit, Apr 10, 2017 IP
  5. kunalP

kunalP Member

Best Answers:
    Just find what drives you, are u good at getting traffic? or are u good at selling some physical product? do you have knowledge about digital products like hosting, domains, etc then there's good scope in that field too. and accordingly find sites that allows affiliates and pays them well and you are good to go

kunalP, Apr 10, 2017 IP
  6. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are a number of sites which could help you become an affiliate. Like anything though, you must first know what are your interests. That is important, as it could keep you motivated to keep going. If you just go and sell whatever it is out there, sooner or later you would lose interest especially if things aren't going well. Being into what you're interested in will keep you staying longer and not abandoning it.

Milliardo, Apr 11, 2017 IP
  7. ChinnaE

ChinnaE Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Omg I was just like you starting out with affiliate marketing not knowing what to do first, I was searching for the absolute best ways to start off because I wanted to of course build my list correctly and make good sales. I wanted to be a well respect affiliate marketer while not looking like a spammer trying to make dishonest sales. I then researched how to go about being a well respected and successful Affiliate Marketer and starting putting the pedal to the medal.

I noticed in this business we have to first market honestly but aggressively and not passive aggressively. We all want to see sales but many times this career choice can take some time to build and a little money so yes Milliardo is correct when saying to make sure this is really what you want to do because getting this in motion does take time and when you finally do have everything setup the main goal is driving the right traffic and never using bot traffic because it will never convert into any sales. So going back to the subject at hand HOW TO GET STARTED?

Well my fellow entrepreneur Joe spirit is correct start of trying to promote JVzoo and clickbank products first as these products convert the best but HOW? Well when I started I found a really great solution to my problem which was The Four Percent Group. I was trained thoroughly into knowing exactly how to market aggressively without doing the passive first. Which would still pay off in the end but would take much longer.

The owner Vick is a major life savor, he taught me a whole lot with his program. I was getting sales withing my first month of his training, it was consistent and straight to the points. Ya know what, he actually showed me things that these so called gurus out online did not and they were trying to charge way more, like an arm, leg, kidney, toes. I recommend him highly seeing as how you don't know what to do first yet and I like other affiliate marketers who care for our future fellow colleagues do not want to see you going down the same roads we did when testing out sites that can in fact cost you more than you make. Dealing with legit sites that help us generate sales is all you need. Many passive aggressive techniques are article sites firstly that some of them don't even review your submission til about 2-3 weeks later some said 8.

I was like; it's cool because at-least the article gets in but the timing is soo off. So yes, the passive marketing would be Article writing, blogging, and in many cases free classified ads sites that have great traffic and get you views but not that many sales. This makes your efforts a bit time consuming and giving you the feeling as though nothing is being truly accomplished. So aggressively taking the Internet marketing bull by the horns is so much more needed than passive which should be done after making good sales with the aggressive methods.

This way you get to put some of that good money to use with your advertising methods, and build a stronger foundation with your business. keep in mind while many marketing methods are free they are not always the best, for some people it's the other way around but that just depends on the person and the ways they choose to promote. Everybody is different so their methods should be as well, even if there is the same information, you don't want to come off as another Affiliate Clone, so customize your work.

So while trying new methods and you will, I do have a nice Success Blog to help you out with what's converting and ways you can make good money through them, my blog is not like other blogs with the exact same methods, I have a totally different approach because I have done my diligence by researching, joining, buying, and affiliating myself with very legitimate affiliate marketing companies that have huge earning potentials. Keep in mind you do not have to purchase a thing, being a good affiliate marketer and learning free but helpful ways to go about it is all you'll need in the long run with some paid traffic methods.

I never start with newbie sites because of my neediness to always want to part of the best, its just life, people see the best and fortunately that's where all the organic traffic is, with the freggin best. So going to a site that is just starting out like I was would have been a bit dumb on my end because I knew I couldn't get ranked with a site that has no rankings. Only deal with the best.

Also keep in mind while aggressively market it's only smart to get a few blogs done and monetize them so you can be generating traffic through them while your psychically generating it own your own hands. If you want really good training and results I would say The Four Percent Group Will in fact do you justice.

Hoped that helped just a scratch and if you want more insight just reach out to me, my help is free always to anyone that wants it. TTYL

ChinnaE, Apr 11, 2017 IP
  8. Scriptechweb

Scriptechweb Member

Best Answers:
    There are a number of affiliate website online. You just need a website/blog or a social page to start earning through affiliate marketing. Forex and Biz/opp niche are really very high paying.

Scriptechweb, Apr 11, 2017 IP
  9. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:

Hi Techrev,

I appreciate your honesty. :) Actually, being good in software development is actually a great way for you to make money online! Just make sure you create desktop apps that are really helpful in this ever changing and competitive digital world. Then, you can earn through installs, ads and traffic.

I hope my response helps. Thanks and more power!

Anitasol, Apr 12, 2017 IP
  10. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Start by creating an account at clickbank or jvzoo like others said.
    Then there are two ways from here.

1. Setup a small website with "specific and niche" keywords in target. Ex: not "dog", but "german sheperd dog" instead. Something like this:
    Pets > Dogs > German sheperd dogs
    You are targetting a deep niche because it gets easier to show up in search results. The higher you are in the niche category, the more difficult it is to get traffic from search engines
    Use facebook etc to drive more traffic using "useful" posts, not just spam ads.
    On the website, you can post useful information, and experience of how some product helped you. Like a recommendation. Thats your affiliate link
    This process is long and takes a lot of time

2. Use PPC ads, or PPV ads to drive traffic directly to the target product website.
    Fast, but sometimes you might end up losing money if the traffic you send is not converting.
    Depends on the product sales page. How they are capturing emails, and what is their conversion rate etc...
    Very few people buy the first time they see a product. Email list by the product owner is a persuasive technique that gives a better conversion rate to you
    Some product owners will also give you keywords you can use in those ads, but avoid those because they will be "high" price keywords generally. Come up with something of your own.

take care :)

JEET, Apr 13, 2017 IP
    daronch likes this.
  11. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hint: People like to read reviews before they buy a product.
    And even product comparison!!!
    Enjoy :)

JEET, Apr 13, 2017 IP
  12. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Jeet's reference to product reviews is probably a good idea for you Techrev. As a developer, you can find software products, test them, write reviews about them (post those on your website), and the ones that work well you can market them as an affiliate.

If you do something like that you must be completely honest and upfront about the fact that you are doing the review as an affiliate marketer for the product.

JoeSpirit, Apr 13, 2017 IP
  13. beraniste

beraniste Peon

Best Answers:
    I think, that you must find good product: high commissions, high average order, high conversion rate, repeat purchases ...

beraniste, Apr 17, 2017 IP
  14. DylanC

DylanC Member

Best Answers:
    You'll need to be able to drive traffic to the product page. This can be through your blog or social media profiles.

There should be good traffic on your blog or a fairly good following on your social media. Only then can you have visitors buy stuff and earn commissions for you.

DylanC, Apr 18, 2017 IP
  15. Techrev

Techrev Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your interesting help! I'll try to follow your guide.

Techrev, Apr 18, 2017 IP
  16. Jeff Rodburg

Jeff Rodburg Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You need to know which you can generate good traffic from in relation to the offers you would want to promote. And you can also have a professional website set up. It helps if you're signing up to join a network. It kind of acts as your portfolio. ;)

Jeff Rodburg, Apr 24, 2017 IP
  17. Christy Smith

Christy Smith Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope it is ok to jump in with a question rather a response. I am trying to get into this world of affiliate marketing. I am part of JVzoo. I am stuck in two spots and unsure how to go forward. First creating a website or blog, which is going to be best? I own to domain names but do not know how to go forward, not sure if my domain names suit or if I need something different. Second the whole niche thing. I am in the natural health field and it is my passion. However I do not see it as a money maker with affiliate marketing unless I am missing something. I also know that I as I have been researching and trying to understand this whole thing I have a desire to create something that will help people like myself to step into the world affiliate marketing simply and step by step and as dummied down as kindergarten if you get my drift. I read, watch videos have purchased things trying to get it and start. I feel like I need a road map! I am frustrated and sometimes want to through my computer out the window! Would so much appreciate if someone could shine a light on my starting point.

Christy Smith, Apr 24, 2017 IP
  18. Mayur Mhaiske

Mayur Mhaiske Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    It's good what you have decided but having right passion in affiliate marketing is very important. Anybody just can't start working in any niche.

First thing if anybody is confused start with making a list, follow this method -
    Expertise - Passion - Hobbies, make your list as per these points and then you have to check whether is it also profitable.

For this research the 4 Checkpoint question :
    1) Does your niche have a lot of products that are selling well?
    =
    > Simply research the top websites like ClickBank, JVzoo, Udemy, etc.

2) Does your niche have a lot of buyers?
    =>
    Again simply research the above websites.

3) Will you be able to market to this niche effectively?
    =>
    You need to formulate your action for this. Grab all the training as much as you can through books, audios, videos, webinars, etc.

4) Are YOU interested in the niche?
    =>
    Its all upto you. Just don't working in any niche just because it is profitable. Passion is required of at-least interest.

Hope this will help you. Best Wishes.

Mayur Mhaiske, Apr 24, 2017 IP
  19. chalice

chalice Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to do is pick a niche.
    Example; mini skirts for guys.
    Find a good product(s) related to the niche of your choice from a reputable company.
    Example; Amazon is a good choice.
    Example; Amazon Associates is the name of their affiliate program.
    Get the links for the products you are going promote in your niche.
    Then build your blog or website with content for your niche.

I was just pulling something out of my hat using this niche example. Guess what? It really exists. I'll be damned.
    https://www.amazon.com/Skirt-Men-Black-Crossdressing-Transgender/dp/B00IH5PMY4/

chalice, Apr 25, 2017 IP
  20. Matteo Matt

Matteo Matt Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Read about some networks that are easier to get into, and look at offervault to see what kind of offers exist in the software niche. Antivirus is an example of a big CPA offer right now that is related to software. Also there is alot of action in Mobile app installs

Matteo Matt, Apr 25, 2017 IP