1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PayPal - Negative Balance

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Jason T, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Jason T

Jason T Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I forgot to cancel a free trial and they charged 100$ a year

Jason T, Apr 7, 2017 IP
  2. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Try contesting it

pmf123, Apr 7, 2017 IP
  3. Jason T

Jason T Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What is contesting?
    How would I do that? Also, what would I write in my email if I email the collection agency and tell them I am 15?

Jason T, Apr 7, 2017 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Welcome to the world of grown ups
    You can contest it because Paypal shouldn't have allowed you to go into a negative balance (possibly)
    If you tell them you are 15 they're going to want to know who your legal guardians are and potentially sue them for something like "dereliction of duty"

sarahk, Apr 7, 2017 IP
  5. dbs00

dbs00 Member

Best Answers:
    If you can spare the $ than you should pay it.
    You will eventually have to pay it so save yourself the hassle and clear your balance.
    PP nor the collection agency will care that your 15 y old. You signed up with false data. Deal with it.

dbs00, Apr 8, 2017 IP
  6. arsalancfc

arsalancfc Member

Best Answers:
    how you know paypal has sent that balance to authorities? NCO financials.

arsalancfc, Apr 18, 2017 IP
  7. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As both a customer, and a business, I have paid for things, not realising (or forgetting) they auto-renewed. Within 24 hours you simply open a dispute with paypal, and or contact the business to cancel it, and it gets cancelled.

I have had clients do the same with me, they paid me for 1 year, perhaps they moved on after a year, and they get rebilled. In both cases, for me as a client, and for me receiving money from clients, the transaction gets cancelled and refunded, usually all withing 24hours. All businesses know this happens, they just shrug it off, so long as you fix the problem quickly (ie, within 24hours of being rebilled).

matt_62, May 2, 2017 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  8. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had the same two questions as other people have already asked: How'd a 15 year old get a PP account and how'd you get a negative balance. :) Anyway, you've answered the part about the balance.

I'm thinking that if it is in collections already, that it has been quite a bit longer than that.

Any way you could 'fess up to your parents and they could help you in this situation?

By the way, I'm Canadian, too. :)

Annea, May 2, 2017 IP
  9. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Since he is underage, which is a cardinal sin...
    If paypal finds out, and he signed up as a minor...
    When paypal finds out, his account will be banned...

I have seen minors up open up paypal account, then even
    years later when they are no longer a minor get banned...

a minor opening up a paypal account is a big
    violation, so whatever lie he used to open up the
    account, hope that paypal never finds out, and that really
    does not matter, he has already burned the account by
    not making good on his bad behavior and irresponsibility....

So if you get an allowance, then go to the store, get a
    money order, then send the debt collector money until
    the balance is paid in full, then keep your noise clean for
    the rest of your life, unless you are rich, then at point in time
    you will heavily rely on credit, first car, home, apartment...
    future credit cards, trust me, once you fuck up your credit,
    then it can take many years to get back on track, but in your
    case, you are only 15, so you still have time to get it right....
    you will not get many chances in life to salvage your credit
    simply because bad debt will follow you around for years, and
    will hinder your chances of getting the best interest rates whenever
    the time comes around that you buy your first car, then have to
    pay 25% interest rate, and bad credit will do this too you....

Last edited: May 3, 2017
    dscurlock, May 3, 2017 IP
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    When I was a kid at school we had lessons about being a minor legally, what it means and why it's important to be protected. Looks like they need these lessons in Canada too.

My daughter, on the other hand, wishes she still was.
    "But Mum, I don't want to have to organise that, can't you do it"
    "Well, yes, but you have to phone up and give me permission because you're no longer a minor, privacy laws and all that"

sarahk, May 3, 2017 IP
  11. Animmex

Animmex Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Legally speaking it's their mistake for not checking your information and billing you without your consent in the first place or in this case your parents the fact you lied about your rage can be argued as simply as the information wasn't very clear and it was a typo, yet you did accept the terms of use which you should've read, i mean being so little money i don't think this will ever see the light of day in court or even affect your credit but things change from country to country so who knows, if you didn't verify your account there's a few more arguments to be made there and if you did they shoud've checked your age etc etc..

Animmex, May 6, 2017 IP
  12. Quellculate

Quellculate Banned

Best Answers:
    After reading through this, this sounds like you knew this would happen but you now getting abit
    worried that maybe the cops will show up at your home.

Listen buddy, thebest thing for you to do is tell your folks before anything serious does come of this.
    Yes you might be a kid, but kids still do get detained. I don't think there would be anyone here to
    help you because honestly the best advice would be to tell your folks, or work it off and pay it back.

If you do feel this was not authorized on your end, then report it to paypal and they will help you.

I was also your age once and tried these tricks hence why I know why you a bit scared. Buddy tell your folks,
    get the hiding but save yourself a bad run with the law.

Quellculate, Oct 27, 2018 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  13. dmzhost

dmzhost Peon

Best Answers:
    They will do nothing, the amount is too low for them to open a legal dispute.

dmzhost, Sep 18, 2019 IP
  14. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Getty pursue people for less, what evidence do you have the Paypal won't?

sarahk, Sep 18, 2019 IP
  15. Mel Nahlos

Mel Nahlos Peon

Best Answers:
    rHow pathetic Paypal is these days. No, they will not hire recoveries for this amount - just remember the words that are meant to ring in our ears these days which are totally misleading - YOU DON'T NEED A BALANCE TO USE YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT. Yeh right. Because all Paypal do is make sure that any amount you spend on Paypal is immediately reimbursed by your linked bank account or visa/debit card. The Paypal site is abominable. I have to wonder if they paid an advertising agency to come up with their totally ridiculous names for their transactions. Yes I did in the past owe money to Paypal thinking that they were fine about that as I would pay it back but I seriously think this policy has changed. So paypal is the middle man that makes our lives hell quite frankly. Their methods of reply are totally harassing. They have written 20 times on my account reviews of my payments. Actually I didn't realise this was actual and not fiction. And I thought it was magical when so swiftly found the number for Paypal support. Oh lord that is painful too and quite frankly their staff do not answer your queries. I would think because there is simply rubbish to burden anyone with.

Mel Nahlos, Nov 7, 2019 IP
  16. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    How old are you?
    You owed money and thought that would be ok... I thought Aussies were smarter than that.

sarahk, Nov 7, 2019 IP
  17. Mel Nahlos

Mel Nahlos Peon

Best Answers:
    Talk to someone who cares Sarah. As for your tech blog - you won't get me to up your visits to this BLOG - good name really for such rubbish.

Mel Nahlos, Nov 13, 2019 IP
  18. Mel Nahlos

Mel Nahlos Peon

Best Answers:
    But I am not Australian Sarah!! And how am I? None of godamn business Miss Too Right. But listen Sarah Paypal .... yes you could borrow money from Paypal and please don't tell me you haven't the spiel of Paypal ... You don't need a balance to use Paypal. So spend all you want - cause a zero is not a problem for Paypal. That is an anonymous and a Godsend Paypal which we all dream of. But listen here - this is the way to do it. Do not leave any details of a bank account, visa/debit card or any other means of Paypal subtracting money - as you do not need a balance to use Paypal. Buy what you like. Life's a .... no, bitch ... heaven (in Paypal Heaven) have I entertained. If not, too bad cause you are out of line. My age is 17 - so there. Not old enough to access Paypal. Go to hell. Love your work, Mel from Paypal

Mel Nahlos, Nov 13, 2019 IP
  19. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You have some serious issues, get some professional help before it's too late.

malky66, Nov 14, 2019 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  20. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Honey, you should know that what goes online stays online. According to your profile here you're a 60 year old woman. A wee google search comes up with a facebook post from when your car was stolen and from there your facebook posts are set to public so your life is on display. If you think Paypal can't track you down to recover any money you owe them then you're sadly mistaken. I don't know if they WILL, but you've made it easy for them if they decide to.

upload_2019-11-14_22-51-56.png

sarahk, Nov 14, 2019 IP
    Spoiltdiva, malky66 and jrbiz like this.