1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WHICH HOST has the BEST UPTIME? 2016

Discussion in 'Outages' started by sundaybrew, May 28, 2016.

Its been a whole since we talked about this :)

Who do you think has the best uptime?

I think

• Godaddy
    • SINGLEHOP

Which host do you think has the most uptime?

sundaybrew, May 28, 2016 IP
  2. HostWinds_Jesse

HostWinds_Jesse Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't want to toot my own horn, hostwinds, *cough cough*. lol Honestly majority of big hosting provides will always have 99.99% uptime since they most like use data centers that are very tightly controlled by a 24/7 staff to monitor everyone's servers. Which is good this way it keep everyone happy.

HostWinds_Jesse, May 30, 2016 IP
  3. enomyn

enomyn Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly, its depend your luck. When you sit together with rubbish neighbour, they will always cause the server problem. Therefore, you could say a good provider with low up time, while someone who are better luck may be having 100% uptime in the same company.

enomyn, Sep 10, 2016 IP
  4. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I've been with HostGator for 7+ years. I have NEVER had any issues with them. I can't even remember a time when my sites were down, even for a second.

I have had dedicated, VPS and Shared packages - depending on my needs at the time - they were all great and their support is top notch.

Host Gator gets a lot of criticism, but I've been very happy with them. Right now, I'm on a shared server because that's all I need at the moment. I prepaid 3 years up front and got the hosting for $4.00 per month, you can't beat that :)

Matthew Sayle, Sep 10, 2016 IP
  5. webhost.uk.net

webhost.uk.net Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Even Amazon goes down :) so you need to look for reviews and compaire host. Also most importantly how this host hand such situation is a major concern so they support or rely client quick. You will find most big name done even care to reply customer..

webhost.uk.net, Apr 17, 2017 IP
  6. SolaDrive

SolaDrive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know this thread is from 2016, but for others that stumble upon this maybe this site will help you: http://www.hyperspin.com/en/ranking.php?type=3

It tracks and monitors all those hosts and ranks the top best ones. It's great because it doesn't just monitor their site, it monitors and ranks them based on all the services they are monitoring under their account.

SolaDrive, Apr 27, 2017 IP
  7. shinichi_148

shinichi_148 Member

Best Answers:
    I used hawkhost more 1 year, it is good, have 1-2 short downtime

shinichi_148, May 29, 2017 IP
  8. pienisieni

pienisieni Active Member

Best Answers:
    Choosing a hosting company based on just uptime stats is not really a viable option in my opinion.

I like this realistic approach; where basically a hosting company with a good uptime and maintenance policy (where they take full responsibility of hardware, software & network failures) is an obvious sign that they are doing the best they can to maintain the sites are connected to the outside world -- www.

More here on what makes good uptime terms (2017):

http://www.webhostwhat.com/best-uptime-web-hosting-learn-what-makes-good-uptime-terms/

[​IMG]
    Cheers!

Chiappa

pienisieni, May 30, 2017 IP
  9. robert4u

robert4u Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Any web host that is maintaining 99% uptime that is fine. It does not matter when one host providing 99.99% uptime while other 99.98%

Now uptime is one thing, there are many other things to compare support is one of them.

robert4u, May 30, 2017 IP
  10. dts-net

dts-net Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    its hard to tell the big players own the market place and review sites

dts-net, Jan 3, 2018 IP