1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Assistance need with web design?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by gilescoley, Feb 10, 2017.

Hi everyone

A colleague of mine and myself have plans to develop a VR website (Virtual Reality) and has asked me to help out with some info.

We are looking at a site where people can upload VR content of any kind so people can have a look. We are thinking of various options here and maybe some of you experts can assist us with some ideas.

The idea is that people can upload a movie, apps or game trailer so the public or companies can have a look and possibly purchase the product if they like what they see. We want this to be a platform for VR content, whether they are casual hobbyists or professional, experienced VR developers.

We are not into coding or experts at web design so we either want to use something simple to do it, or get someone with the expertise to create it for us.

We will obviously need a decent amount of storage with all the uploads but we dont want to pay a fortune for it. Can anyone suggest some ideas on what to do, who to use...appximate cost etc..we would want to maintain the site ourselves once its built, but we need some assistance getting it off the ground.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. My apologies if this is not the correct place to post this in.

Thanks

Giles

gilescoley, Feb 10, 2017 IP
  2. alexmv

alexmv Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Giles,

this website sounds like a classifieds marketplace for VR software with video preview. If you don't have much experience with web design I highly recommend to hire some freelancer or better web design firm to build this shop for you. In a case of tight budget, you can use ready CMS system instead of a custom solution. Like Osclass (especially build to create classifieds marketplace), Wordpress (with some theme + plugins), Prestashop (with some plugin), etc. And again, if you don't have web experience hire someone - will be cheaper.

About the storage, you need to check what hosting providers can offer for video hosting. A better solution is to use third-party service only for videos like Vimeo, Youtube etc. The sellers will provide only links in their classifieds and you do not need to spend money on video hosting.

I hope this help.

Alex

alexmv, Feb 13, 2017 IP
    gilescoley likes this.
  3. gilescoley

gilescoley Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Alex

Thanks for the reply mate

I have done a couple of Wix sites and Im the admin at the place I work and administer the company website using Joomla 3.5.1 so I have a little knowledge. I work in IT so could probably pick things up quite quickly. At this stage because its just an idea at the moment and I don't want to pay a lot, I would probably give it a go my self and let it be a work in progress for a while.

Would something like Wordpress be the best option for me, from what I have read, its the easiest to get started on. Someone told me Drupal is the most powerful to sue but a lot harder to learn.

When I initially set it up, I probably wont want the store features, but just a place to upload some files, movies, trailers, apps etc...there wont be a charge or anything to start with, I just want something basic up and running where I can have some headings on the homepage page like

VR Games
    VR Movies
    VR Apps
    VR Software
    VR Graphics

and then build it out from there and expand if necessary, not really willing to spend a fortune in case it dies a slow death.

From the answers i have on other sites, I think I will try and do it myself, and if thats the case , what CMS would be the best option for me? Wordpress seem to have the best/most templates and would obviously have a lot of support if I get stuck or have questions?

Thanks again

Giles

gilescoley, Feb 13, 2017 IP
  4. alexmv

alexmv Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Giles,

there are a lot of CMS but I cannot say which one is best because I don't have experience with all of them. Usually, my first choice is Wordpress (when the custom solution is not an option) because it is widely used and there is the best chance to find somebody to help.

Thanks.

Alex

alexmv, Feb 14, 2017 IP
    gilescoley likes this.
  5. Jon vaughn

Jon vaughn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can upload your VR content on Facebook. In this modern era, creating content for virtual reality is like navigating churning waters in the darkness. Creatives have to be bold, resilient and brave to stand out in this incipient market.

Jon vaughn, Feb 21, 2017 IP
  6. daronch

daronch Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you need something similar to a blog at first? If that's the case, Wordpress is definitely a good choice. It is free and has tons of free themes for you to choose from in order to start off and create categories and pages.

Later, if you require ecommerce/store capabilities for your site, you can simply install the WooCommerce plugin. Moreover, you can easily find experts on Fiverr.com who can help you set-up your site in Wordpress along the way for very affordable prices.

daronch, Feb 26, 2017 IP
  7. rankoffer

rankoffer Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, I upload my 360 videos to this site https://www.visualpathy.com/landing, it is pretty easy and user-friendly, you can take a look.

rankoffer, Mar 24, 2017 IP
  8. yetta

yetta Peon

Best Answers:
    Giles check out Sketchfab and the A-Frame framework. Sketchfab allows you to embed 3D models with VR into web pages. A-Frame is a framework for creating VR websites, you can use parts of it to create VR sections for a page. Hope it helps, better than Zuma helps the country..

yetta, Mar 29, 2017 IP
  9. Samburus

Samburus Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey due please look is the best website designer
    Ref: Jomclassified

Samburus, Apr 17, 2017 IP