1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Favorite PHP editor?

Discussion in 'PHP' started by Eager2Seo, Mar 1, 2016.

?

Favorite PHP editor?

1. Netbeans

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. Eclipse

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. Notepad++

20 vote(s)
    31.7%
  4. Sublime

19 vote(s)
    30.2%
  5. Textmate

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. PHPStorm

6 vote(s)
    9.5%
  7. Vim

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Emacs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other (mention it in the thread)

11 vote(s)
    17.5%
  1. gummyworms

gummyworms Active Member

Best Answers:
    which one is the one that lets you run the script on local host? Netbeans? I have been using notepad forever.

gummyworms, Jul 26, 2016 IP
  2. Puntocom81

Puntocom81 Banned

Best Answers:
    I was using vim but I have switched to Windows + XAMMP + Flo's Notepad and it's much better now.

Flo's Notepad++ is great.

Puntocom81, Aug 3, 2016 IP
  3. serena nicole

serena nicole Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sublime is my all-time favorite for Php Development I like the slick user interface, extraordinary features and amazing performance

serena nicole, Aug 15, 2016 IP
  4. Again3

Again3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sublime is the best choice for a good programmer, but for noobs like me, i prefer netbeans. :)

Again3, Aug 20, 2016 IP
  5. mkkhatri

mkkhatri Member

Best Answers:
    My favourite is eclipse.

mkkhatri, Mar 31, 2017 IP
  6. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Updating, I have switched from netbeans to phpstorm. Unquestionably worth the price for me. There's a small learning curve coming from another IDE since they used some non-standard key shortcuts, obviously others but that's my biggest complaint. I have had basically no problems with it since I started switching projects over, and it has a number of features like FTP and database management built in.

jestep, Mar 31, 2017 IP
  7. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I used to use regular notepad till now, but since my windows update, the new notepad sucks...
    So am using eclipse now. Really slowed me down while typing, colors and styles are another mess, and GOD know how to stop autoindent ...
    10 minute job takes over half an hour now.
    I used to have 4-5 files opened at the same time in notepad, but with eclipse, I have to keep closing the current file with CTRL+W to go back to the previous file I was editting... I'm sure one can switch between files from the file tree, but with my eye sight I find it difficult to find my cursor, and point it every now and then...
    Wish I could return back to regular notepad somehow...
    Will try notepad plus plus today

JEET, Mar 31, 2017 IP
  8. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Can't you just use Ctrl+Tab in Eclipse? To switch between open docs, I mean.
    I don't really understand the bitching about color-coding. I might understand it if one has problems seeing colors, but if not, having color-coded code makes code-navigation quicker, and having powerful search-functions also makes things a lot easier. What I really don't understand is using regular Notepad to write code. It's... horrible. Just the fact that it defaults to save .txt-files makes a mess more often than not.

PoPSiCLe, Mar 31, 2017 IP
  9. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Actually the BETTER you see colours the worse it gets, because the alternating of colours makes it impossible to read due to the constantly alternating luma.

I don't get how normally sighted people can use that shit at all. It sucked the first time I encountered it in Turbo Pascal 4 back in the '80's, there has been ZERO usability improvements in its use and application since -- the only thing I can figure is that the people who find it useful are blind to both punctuation and colour.

It sure as hell doesn't make code navigation quicker, sure I can find 'this is a keyword' and 'this is a symbol' and 'this is a string' faster, but when you can't huffing READ IT it mans you have zero blasted clue what keyword, symbol, or content of the string is present! Knowing at a glance what TYPE of element it is? Well, that's cute... but when you can't actually read what it says, that's useless!

JUST as useless an acid trip of illegible text today as it was thirty years ago... WORSE, I've stood right there and watched people screw up coding by trusting it.... It actually seems to make people make mistakes, but sure, it makes it easier, sure it does.

JUST like all the other asshat bullshit like jQuery, Bootcrap, Codeignitor, Laravel, code completion, auto-complete, code folding, etc, etc, that people CLAIM is 'easier' or 'speeds up development' or 'aids in collaboration on large projects' where in my experience, such claims are such utter and complete nonsense I wonder if we even have the same definition of the word "easy"...

... as they aren't... at all. Time wasting laundry lists of how NOT to do things!

deathshadow, Apr 1, 2017 IP
  10. PoPSiCLe

Best Answers:
    I respectfully disagree. There is no "acid trip" - and no, it doesn't get worse if you see colors better - if you have problems with different lumas, you have a visual impairment, it's as simple as that. I can see colors perfectly fine, and I can read color-coded text just as fast as I read normal text (black on white or white on black) - color-coding just helps show, as you said, what is what - functions, classes, variables, pure and simple text - I just find it simpler not having to scan through a huge amount of text without any visual guidelines. When you scan through text written on paper, you have other abilities to distinguish specifics - page numbers, notes in the margin, the placement of text on the page compared to other pages and so on. None of that is present in computer-code (most of the time, at least), and color-coding helps keeping tabs on visual cues (if a specific length text has a color code, that creates a visual "trigger" which helps distinguish it from similar length texts with other colors). Since one can also create the color-combinations one wishes to use, having different lumas is not really an issue, since you can adjust the difference in color-intensity and so on).

PoPSiCLe, Apr 2, 2017 IP
  11. mandi007va

mandi007va Member

Best Answers:
    i like always notepad++ it is really good for me

mandi007va, Apr 3, 2017 IP
  12. thisjrodriguez

thisjrodriguez Member

Best Answers:
    Brackets :D

thisjrodriguez, Apr 4, 2017 IP
  13. Allen James

Allen James Active Member

Best Answers:
    According to me - Eclipse.

Allen James, Apr 5, 2017 IP
  14. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've been using EditPlus since it came out. No particular reason over Notepad++ (I've used it too) except that, since I bought it, I should be using it. (And it's been years [almost 20], so I'm so used to it that I can't think of using anything else.

Rukbat, Apr 9, 2017 IP
  15. Green Harry

Green Harry Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    There are many options out their to code in PHP, like the following text editors notepad++, sublime text, brackets, cloude9.
    notepad++ is a free source code editor.
    sublime text have many plugins available its a sophisticated text editor for code.
    bracket is open source text editor that understand web design.
    Cloud9 combines a powerful online code editor.

Thank You!
    Ella wilson

Green Harry, Apr 13, 2017 IP
  16. Jack Ryder

Jack Ryder Peon

Best Answers:
    Without notepad++ using i never like for work

Jack Ryder, Apr 13, 2017 IP
  17. z13

z13 Member

Best Answers:
    I have been using Adobe Dreamweaver as every day editor and NotePad++ for fast edit files "on fly" (on ftp, for downloaded files etc.).

z13, Apr 17, 2017 IP
  18. jik34

jik34 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    Notepad++ is the best PHP editor because they make updates every month with new features, and it's free.

/jik34

jik34, Apr 18, 2017 IP
  19. PoPSiCLe

Best Answers:
    I fail to see why updates and new features are needed for a text editor. And, things like Sublime has a package manager with almost anything you could possibly need. Notepad++ is a very good editor, but as stated, I fail to see why the frequent updates are important?

PoPSiCLe, Apr 20, 2017 IP
  20. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have used pretty much every editor out there but always fall back to sciTe... I truly believe that editor is what I feel most comfortable with. However, I am open to checking out sublime again

NetStar, May 7, 2017 IP