1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Dropshipping Journey with AliExpress

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by yaros, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Ricardo M

Ricardo M Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ah great. Thanks for the answer. I see your name popping up a lot on various sites. Seems like you are a great Dropship example! Do you have more links to some other shops you run?

Ricardo M, Apr 10, 2017 IP
  2. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    here you can check another example https://hokagestore.com/ But now I don't share all my sites. Too many copies appeared:)

yaros, Apr 10, 2017 IP
  3. Ricardo M

Ricardo M Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I understand. No worries i won't copy. Just interested:) I owned 2 stores through dropship a couple of years ago and sold them. Reading your post just to make sure i do the right thing through Aliexpress as we both know it isn't just as simple as people expect

4. Ricardo M

Ricardo M Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nice site:) How is it performing compared to Harry's?

5. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It also works fine, some months generates even more profit compared with Harry site.

yaros, Apr 10, 2017 IP
  6. SreeTirumannamalai

SreeTirumannamalai Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your early reply Yaros. Can you please suggest how I can refine my site to a particular niche.

SreeTirumannamalai, Apr 11, 2017 IP
  7. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Our Google Chrome extension got a new feature! Now you can edit a product before importing.

Check this video:

Your extension will be updated automatically after re-starting Chrome browser.

yaros, Apr 11, 2017 IP
  8. NCorp

NCorp Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I found this thread by searching Google and read the majority of the pages. Lots of great information, thanks Yaros! I went ahead and purchased the custom website package on AliDropship.com. So far the process has been great. Communication is superb, I have received many updates regarding the progress, and I feel great about my purchase. So far I would definitely recommend it!

NCorp, Apr 12, 2017 IP
    yaros likes this.
  9. vip-registrator

vip-registrator Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Worked with the user, all well earned 4878 dollars

If you want to join us, write to skype alikmm

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2017
    vip-registrator, Apr 15, 2017 IP
  10. GotSkeet

GotSkeet Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello Yaros! Great thread, spectacular; one question thou because i am puzzled.

There are 2 websites, alidropship.com and alipartnership.com selling the same product. Can you please help out so i can understand what are the differences?

GotSkeet, Apr 16, 2017 IP
  11. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hello, these are different projects selling absolutely different plugins. AliPartnership is for affiliate business only, AliDropship deals with dropshipping business model.

yaros, Apr 16, 2017 IP
  12. mcfc4eva

mcfc4eva Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Yaros,

Brilliant thread and I admire your generousity with information and tips! Thank you.

I want to ask about FB advertising. You stated in the early days that you were paying $0.02/click which is amazing. Especially if you for example had a 2% conversion rate, it would only cost $1 per sale.

After researching a bit, it seems that $0.35/click is actually the global average which would make the marketing cost $17.50 per sale (at 2% conversion), which would only be worth it for higher priced items or large orders.

So my questions are;
    1. What is your average CPC rate?
    2. What is your average conversion rate?
    3. What is your average sale/profit per conversion?
    4. If you're still getting a really low CPC rate, how?
    5. How does this all differ from other CPC channels?

I am very interested in your answers. Than you in advance.

-M

mcfc4eva, Apr 17, 2017 IP
  13. E Theodore

E Theodore Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yaros,

I noticed that you provide a "track your order" feature on your site. How do you set that up when Ali Express provides you with their own tracking websites and codes.

I want to provide tracking as well but I am not sure how to send them to the links provided without showing I buy from Ali Express.

Additionally, how do you provide DHL,EMS etc shipping for each location when not every supplier offers the same shipping service and shipping times?

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    E Theodore, Apr 17, 2017 IP
  14. arky0011

arky0011 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just got an e-mail from Stripe saying that they can no longer accept payments from my website because I don't have authorized reseller status. Are there any payment processors that are okay with "not so authorized" items from Aliexpress?

arky0011, Apr 24, 2017 IP
  15. Hampus

Hampus Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Yaros! I am in the starting phase of my own Dropshipping store. Reasently found this thread and I have been hooked! I am currently reading it from the beginning (at the moment I am on page 22) and it is a lot of good content in here, thank you for sharing!!

My questions may be further in the thread so I am sorry if this is repeating but I need the answers pretty soon to continuing on my store...

1. Customs Declarations. Do you have to pay for this when shipping to some countries? How do you deal with this? Do you get the Customs Declaration and pay it or is it send to the customer? If sent to your customer, how do they react when they have to pay it?

2. VAT. How is this working when Dropshipping and shipping to different countries? Or do you even pay this at all?

3. Ordering process. Are you still doing this manually or is it automated somehow with your plugin? (Remember I am still on page 22 so your plugin is just about to get released haha).

4. Tracking information. On AliExpress, are you entering the customer phone number for tracking and information when the parcel arrives?

Thank you in advance and I wish you the best of luck!

Hampus, May 3, 2017 IP
  16. NCorp

NCorp Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey Hampus, I use the AliDropship plugin, so maybe I can answer a few of your questions.

1. I haven't put a single thought to customs declarations. I think the shipper handles all of this.

2. Same as ^

3. The ordering process is 90% automated using the plugin. When someone orders, there is a "place order automatically" button. Click this and an automated script opens AliExpress, selects the product, fills in shipping info, and gets to the last step. All you do is verify the info, and click "place order." I love watching the script do all of the work for me!

4. The customer phone number is automatically placed on the order. When I get an email notification of shipping, I manually update the order status to 'shipping' and the tracking number is automatically pulled from AliExpress. I have found that on orders with multiple items, I have to manually put in the tracking info.

Hope that helps! I would be glad to answer any other questions.

NCorp, May 5, 2017 IP
  17. buythiscomputer

buythiscomputer Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, have you made Woocommerce plugin now ? Thanks.

buythiscomputer, May 5, 2017 IP
  18. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Use 17track service for tracking. It is not connected with AliExpress.

yaros, May 7, 2017 IP
  19. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    1-2. I don't care about any customs. It is stated on my stores that We are not responsible for any custom fees once the items have shipped.
    3. It is automated now.
    4. No, I am using my own phone number when placing orders on AliExpress.

yaros, May 7, 2017 IP
  20. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes, you get both versions with purchase now - original AliDropship plugin and AliDropship Woo plugin. It is up to you what version to use.

yaros, May 7, 2017 IP