1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I made you a CSS beginners tutorial video!

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Ampix0, Apr 6, 2017.

Hey guys! I've been working really hard on getting this made, I hope you guys like the animations and learn some useful stuff if you are new to HTML and CSS.

The channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7vYUkA-s5XVjS7UoyGSFbg

Let me know what you think guys!

Ampix0, Apr 6, 2017 IP
  2. Rob Schneider

Rob Schneider Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nice work, love the effort you put in it.

Rob Schneider, Apr 7, 2017 IP
  3. Ampix0

Ampix0 Member

Best Answers:
    Very much appreciated, thank you! It is a crazy amount of work. I'm doing what I can to try to reduce the effort needed to edit each video. This is the secdon video and I was able to reduce the work almost in half from the first one, but there is still a lot I just have to do completely by hand when it comes to animation.

Ampix0, Apr 7, 2017 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    While I can appreciate the effort put in, I've never really understood the value of videos in learning to code. Unless you have the code available so you can easily copy / paste, and so on... looking at code on a screen, having to flip back and forth and pause the video if you're trying to follow an example... it just does not make sense to me, at all. There are so many better and simpler ways of getting that info out to the people trying to learn, one is to just make examples with editable code. Never really got the point of videos at all, unless you're showing something where seeing the actual method / how to do something makes sense.

It's the same thing with all these "fix it yourself"-videos. Why videos? It's usually way simpler to just have images and text, makes it easy to go back and forth, and if there are specific things that needs to be done a certain way, say lift out a part, or detach clips or anything like that, sure, have a short video clip about just that one point.

PoPSiCLe, Apr 7, 2017 IP
    billzo likes this.
  5. Ampix0

Ampix0 Member

Best Answers:
    The value of a coding video would be to understand the general concepts or the overall picture of the subject. There is never a replacement for documentation and good old fashion practice. If you are at the stage of actually writing HTML and CSS, this video is not for you. The concepts ABOUT CSS taught in this video I hope will aide you in understanding that you are learning on your own. The concept of cascading styles is often not understood in self education, I hope I have made that point more obvious in my video.

As for the "fix it yourself" videos, I'll just have to flat out respectfully disagree in my own opinion. Quite often images and text fail to describe minute details that I can find hard to discover or capture from the material. I ALWAYS look up videos before attempting any kind of repair. But that's my style of learning.

Ampix0, Apr 8, 2017 IP
  6. Rob Schneider

Rob Schneider Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would love to see you put a bit more animation in your videos, specially when you are providing examples verbally. A pop up animation to provide a visual text form of the example you are quoting. Like when you mentioned about naming your "id" or "class" in camel case methond, it would have been nice if and example right away appears on the screen to show what you are referring too.

Rob Schneider, Apr 10, 2017 IP
  7. Ampix0

Ampix0 Member

Best Answers:
    I definitely agree. I was running out of time to meet a 1 video a week deadline, and I'm not really with that gap in animation either. I think I'll have to drop the attempt at one video a week. I would already be behind now lol.

Ampix0, Apr 10, 2017 IP
  8. mike2148

mike2148 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    that's nice

mike2148, Apr 25, 2017 IP