1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

web based Medical expert system

Discussion in 'PHP' started by kanwal786, Mar 23, 2017.

Hello everyone,
    I am developing a web based medical expert system, which is working pretty well.
    But now i want to add the medical history of the patient who has previously diagnosed his/her disease, as next time when he/she diagnosis his disease system may not ask the questions regarding to that diagnosed disease rather then system should ask the level of that diagnosed disease (i.e diabetes) and then should go further to query about more diseases. So please tell me how to do that in PHP using WAMP server??? Help me plz.

kanwal786, Mar 23, 2017 IP
  2. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You'll need a database field that can store previously diagnosed information of the patient. Check this field when the record is accessed second time and so on.

JEET, Mar 28, 2017 IP
  3. kanwal786

kanwal786 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much JEET for your response, I must appreciate. Dear I know this work will be done in database but how to do it in coding? And the results which are displayed in the screen after the diagnosis, for those results I am not using database but I am displaying those results through coding.

kanwal786, Mar 30, 2017 IP
  4. Mubashir Ahmad

Mubashir Ahmad Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The medical system can perform these features based on specific queries. You just need to maintain the patient record in database using the unique EMR number. The electronic medical record number will contain the patient information and the last diagnosed disease. You can make logic to ask more questions based on the previous diagnosed disease.

Mubashir Ahmad, Apr 4, 2017 IP
  5. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Add a table of patientID/previous_questions, pull all previous questions for this patient and look for information that you don't have to ask for again.

But I see a HUGE problem looming. If the system recommends the wrong thing, the owner of the system could be sued for medical malpractice (it depends on where the owner is located) and no insurance company is going to write malpractice insurance for software.

Rukbat, Apr 9, 2017 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    @Rukbat - they may not have those liability issues in Pakistan

@kanwal786 - have you written this from scratch or are you adapting an existing system?

sarahk, Apr 9, 2017 IP