1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forum leechers??

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by amrd, Sep 22, 2009.

Hii

I am planning to start a new forum.I want to make it automated ie use some software to automatically leech content from other similar forums and post it in mine.

Are there any such bots or softwares which do such things.If yes can you ppl give me more insight into such things

Thanks

amrd, Sep 22, 2009 IP
  2. rockinaway

rockinaway Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can get RSS Feed Posters, and these are present with many pieces of forum software. From my knowledge it is built into vBulletin and there is a modification available for SMF. I am sure there are more available for other software.

Basically, most forum software has RSS Feed links for forum areas etc. These links can simply be added to your RSS Feed Poster (they don't have to be forum links, ANY RSS link will do) and then the posters will check for any new listings on the RSS feed (usually through an automated 'cron' job) and then they will post any new findings as topics/posts to your selected location.

rockinaway, Sep 22, 2009 IP
  3. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You'll likely annoy members of those forums if they find out and chances are that'll give you a very bad name...meaning you'll likely find many of those potential members NOT wanting to join your forum.

If it is content you are wanting, pull from blogs...that has less of a tendency to peeve people.

Qryztufre, Sep 22, 2009 IP
  4. matessim

matessim Active Member

Best Answers:
    something like the mod on wordpress? don't do it, what are you, a warez forum? if not, don't.

matessim, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  5. Black Fire

Black Fire Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's a terrible thing to do!

Black Fire, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  6. 1-3-3-7

1-3-3-7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If by leeching you're referring to RSS snippets from sites that allow you to repost their news, then as others have stated, an RSS bot plugin should get the job done. If you're talking about other content, then that would probably be illegal and best be avoided as you wouldn't want someone stealing your unique content right?

1-3-3-7, Oct 3, 2009 IP
  7. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What's your server I.P. address? Let me know so I can block you :mad:

Ian, Oct 7, 2009 IP
    Qryztufre likes this.
  8. w47w47

w47w47 Peon

Best Answers:
    i can make you such a script, but not for free. PM me if you are interested.

w47w47, Oct 7, 2009 IP
  9. aspjava

aspjava Peon

Best Answers:
    hi everybody
    i am a persian boy.i can sign you up on best leechers in the world like rapidbaz and filegir the are in persian language
    just pm me in pv in telegram https://t.me/IchHeibeMohammad
    best wishes

aspjava, Apr 2, 2017 IP