1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need help!! Having issues with in-shop software versus website software!

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by sammckeag, Mar 27, 2017.

Hello,

I am relatively new to web design and have been doing it for small start up businesses. I ended up gaining a client who is a small business, but has been in the business for almost 30 years. She is NOT technical savvy and wants to make things as easy as possible. She currently works with a credit card company in her shop that she wants to also use for her website, but the problem is, I have to create an API (have no idea how and don't even know if it will work if I figure it out), and her current in-shop booking software is an additional $40 a month, and is not syncable with anything else. I know she won't go for an additional $40 a month. So what do I do?

I'm considering just using Square for her credit cards and perhaps introducing her to the Google calendar and then getting them to manually enter those bookings into her booking software but that would leave too much room for error. The whole point of her online shop/booking system was to make her life easier.

Has anyone experienced this before where they couldn't use the software the client was already using? What did you do?

Thanks!

sammckeag, Mar 27, 2017 IP
  2. Emma Hodgson

Emma Hodgson Peon

Best Answers:
    You should do on your own, don't square her credit card or anything. Just search it on google or watch tutorials on API. You will easily figure it out.

Emma Hodgson, Mar 29, 2017 IP
  3. MaxGoodman

MaxGoodman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Let me get some more information, if you don't mind - what does her business do? It sounds like she takes bookings for something, how are those bookings usually handled?

MaxGoodman, Mar 29, 2017 IP