1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Reduced my number of locations (countries) should I now increase my bids?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Khmedia, Mar 13, 2017.

Hi everyone,

Recently I reduced my number of countries in my Google Ads account from approx 6 countries down to 2. Impressions are down and of course clicks are too. I am now focusing on 2 counties. Should I consider increasing my CPC on these 2 counties in order to generate more clicks?

Thanks in advance!

Khmedia, Mar 13, 2017 IP
  2. Fer0

Fer0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Explore a little and try to get higher quality score for your keywords. That way you are going to get more impressions, more clicks and lower price per click.
    If you pump your CPC, competition with more money can simply may more. If you use my approach you can get more visits for less money with better ROI.
    Regards.

Fer0, Mar 13, 2017 IP
  3. Fer0

Fer0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    And if you want free audit I can help. Regards.

Fer0, Mar 13, 2017 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    From my experience it's almost always the case. You can try what Fer0 has suggested, but I can guarantee you that your bid will have to go up.

qwikad.com, Mar 13, 2017 IP
  5. VictMarketing

VictMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have a budget for it you can increase bid and you should get more impressions and clicks, check your bid simulator at every keyword to see how much more you can get,
    this should not stop you from improving quality score anyway
    Victorious Marketing

VictMarketing, Mar 14, 2017 IP
  6. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The question to ask is where you are now and where do you want to be.

Typically, you want to be at the top, in the first or second ad position. Just like being at the top organically, you get a higher relative click rate and often a higher conversion rate. You often get lower CPC too so triple bonus for being at the top.

So if you are already in a good position, no need to increase bids. BUT, before increasing bids, I would get my quality score up. If you have a poor to average QS, you are not helping yourself and in fact it increases your costs. This assumes you care if you pay more than you need to. With a good to great QS (7 and up), you can buffer yourself more against competitors, even those with good QS.

Impressions are also tied to QS. Think about it: better QS means better ads which means Google gets more click revenue. Which ads do you think will show more often, the good QS ones or the poorer QS ones? So better QS has a snowball effect: better positioning, which gives you higher click rates at the same or lower cost.

Lucid Web Marketing, Mar 14, 2017 IP
  7. Khmedia

Khmedia Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks to all for your replies. I will do some research on how to improve our quality score. That seems to be the common in all your replies.

Khmedia, Mar 28, 2017 IP
  8. jerdei

jerdei Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Rather then exclude geo's you can just keep your bids the same and bid adjust lower on the countries that are not converting as well and increase the bid adjust on those that are converting well for you.

jerdei, Apr 3, 2017 IP