1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it possible to build a blog audience without social media?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Waldron, Feb 16, 2016.

Most of the techniques about building a blog audience I have read about around the web include having at least a few visitors or having some friends on facebook or other social network. I know it's important to write good articles, but that doesn't work if no one reads it. I just created facebook and twitter accounts, I don't have any friends or followers. I need another way to get at least a few visitors. Can anyone help me with that?

Thank you.

Waldron, Feb 16, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Can you get another blogger to endorse your blog on their site or in an email newsletter?

There are lots of techniques for getting more followers, some may not sit comfortably with your ethics so pick and choose. Personally, I don't go to blogs directly, I see a notification via social media and then visit. Depending on your target market you may end up with a different need for social media than others. What is your niche and what strengths do you have to serve that niche?

sarahk, Feb 16, 2016 IP
  3. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure it is possible but it'll take a lot of time, hardwork and interesting content for you to be able to build an audience.
    I mean, why make make things complicated if social media are everywhere and free to use?
    In the internet world, especially if you are marketing a certain thing, ever platform is a possibility.
    I know that not all social media sites are helpful for all business niche but you'll have nothing to lose if you'll give it a try.

Patricia Ann Lee, Feb 16, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  4. Waldron

Waldron Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think so, I don't have any friend who is a blogger.

My blog is about myself and the thoughts I have of the world and society, my way to express myself. I'm an introspective person, I often read philosophy and psychology books and I think my blog might make people think at least a little about the world and the way they lead their lives.

Waldron, Feb 17, 2016 IP
  5. Ilmi

Ilmi Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Waldron, I think Twitter is good in this case, even if you don't have followers with correct use of hashtags you might get people interested to follow your link. Also building your audience is not something that happens overnight. The more you blog the more traction you will get, but at the beginning it might be only handful visitors, or even less.

As alternative, why not try using Medium? Its a great way to just post and reach people and also get traction to your blog.

Ilmi, Mar 9, 2016 IP
  6. Mad Olivier

Mad Olivier Peon

Best Answers:
    You can also subscribe to groups on fb or other sites that are connected to your interests, even personal interests and then just exchange with people in there for a while. At some point you could reach them to be "friends" with your profile or ask them if they're willing to subscribe to a fb group that would be on your subject. It might take a while, but it can be worth it.

Mad Olivier, Mar 11, 2016 IP
  7. Jiewux

Jiewux Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @Waldron hi, Create a Stumble upon account and try adding your article links there, people may that way stumble upon your website themselves :) But yeah social media is a must if you want to get any traffic. Other thing is creating Instagram acc, upload photos with your thought and add a link to your blog in your bio :) put loads of hashtags under the photos you post and people will start to notice you. Just don't forget to make your Instagram acc public ;) Good Luck to you!

Jiewux, Jul 13, 2016 IP
  8. Sopu

Sopu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Niche blogging is so important if you want regular audience to your website. First target your audience, collect their emails and send them your blog content. If this make them think useful then you may have some blog audience. But allover it's really hard to engage with the audience without social media now. Whatever, you can try this technique as a test.

Sopu, Jul 20, 2016 IP
  9. gummyworms

gummyworms Active Member

Best Answers:
    Waldon you need to share you blog, content is important, no matter how many friends you have

gummyworms, Jul 30, 2016 IP
  10. Suvarchas

Suvarchas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I also have the same case as yourself. I don't have many friends on Facebook nor do I have a twitter account but I make use of Flipboard to promote of my stuff. On Flipboard you can create a magazine of the niche you are writing for and then start curating content. You can also add a post from your own blog. Then if the post is good enough it gets reflipped many times and that's how it spread. And you do not have to worry about being discovered by someone because Flipboard automatically shows new content first.

Suvarchas, Feb 27, 2017 IP
  11. forexaff

forexaff Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    It is very much possible my friend. Do you remember the time when Blogger.com was just launched? This was somewhere around 2005 - 2007 I think. Back then, blogging was all about writing, then hopping commenting on other blogs. Soon you made friends with other bloggers and started to land up on their blogrolls.

That's basically it.

Even today there are quite a few people who don't have social media, or even if they do, they don't want to share the stuff they are reading. So yes, social media is not essential to your business as people might make it seem to be, it might take a bit longer but it is possible.

forexaff, Feb 27, 2017 IP
  12. mmallick99

mmallick99 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I also started twitter with zero followers. Follow 100 of other bloggers in your niche. Trust me 50 will follow you back. But before that post atleast 5 decent articles.

mmallick99, Mar 5, 2017 IP
  13. Susie Lindau

Susie Lindau Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Absolutely!

Follow blogs with a similar focus or interests. Then read their posts and leave thoughtful comments, regularly. As a blogger gets to know you, they will most likely check out your blog and follow you back.

Look for blog parties where people leave their blog's url in the comment section. They are great for "making new friends" and gaining subscribers.

It's really not much different than starting any relationship. What you put into it, you'll most likely receive. If you don't, move onto another blogs.

You can also start a mailing list and email your friends and family.

If you use great titles, key words, and SEO you will show up in Google searches.

I've been blogging for six years and use every tool out there. But I still rely on the old-fashioned way to build a blogging community.

I hope that helps you!

Susie Lindau, Mar 8, 2017 IP
  14. Mubashir Ahmad

Mubashir Ahmad Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You doesn't require any friends on facebook or other social network to build a community. You can always start with zero and move to thousands and even millions. You will need to do activation on various social forums in order to gain more views on your blog. Start with few audience and share valuable and relevant content. Spread your content on the community and allow people to share it.

Mubashir Ahmad, Mar 21, 2017 IP
  15. ExtremeIM

ExtremeIM Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can do facebook ads to start with. You just need to create an engaging post then boost that post on facebook. twitter also has an ad platform that you can use to promote your tweets

ExtremeIM, Mar 22, 2017 IP
  16. Best Seller

Best Seller Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is a curious answer. It seems you are suggesting there are some unethical ways to get more followers. What does that mean? What sorts of traffic generators would you consider unethical?

Best Seller, Mar 24, 2017 IP
  17. Fascination

Fascination Member

Best Answers:
    I could help you get your name out there if your interested. Just write an article on a game you like.

Fascination, Mar 26, 2017 IP
  18. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Guest blogging and content marketing will help build your audience.

dcristo, Mar 26, 2017 IP
    Best Seller likes this.
  19. Mubashir Ahmad

Mubashir Ahmad Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Interesting that you are sharing information about yourself. Always try to add some knowledge to the reader. Try making a complete funnel considering the buyer's journey. Start writing on your expertise and share valuable information that user might want to read.

Mubashir Ahmad, Apr 4, 2017 IP
  20. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I'm introspective too. I like intellectual topics whilst most of society connects on a very basic level (sport, events, small talk, blah blah). Don't try and make money with a personal blog you will fail. Internet marketing is all about niche marketing. Focus on your passions and build a loyal following in the niches that you're most interested in and can talk about extensively. Just ensure you can monetize the traffic.

dcristo, Apr 4, 2017 IP