1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Expired domain to do 301 redirect, does it benefits the site ?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by anhbloginc, Jul 8, 2015.

Hi,

I'm wondering and want to ask if someone has used this method before. I found a way to find expired and available domain from most authority websites, like TechCrunch.com, Mashable.com, BBC, CNN and others.

And I would like to order these domains to do 301 redirect to my money sites. I heard a lot of people say it would benefits the money site.

But I want to hear about someone has used this method before ? Does it really help and effective, in case most of that backlinks are relevant content ?

Anyone have used this method before, share your experiences.

anhbloginc, Jul 8, 2015 IP
  2. monfis

monfis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it does - you should look for domains that had content relevant to your actual site. The way it helps is, this way their gained backlinks count for your site. So don't buy domains which have no or few backlinks.

monfis, Jul 22, 2015 IP
  3. Jacob.k

Jacob.k Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't do that with such valuable sites please...start making your own PBN with such sites or create a money site from it. Even if your site is not in same niche as links are, You'll still get a lot of linkjuice. Please do not 301 it. It can only do harm and waste booth of domains!

Jacob.k, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  4. tafser

tafser Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It actually depends on your choice. What kind of domain you are buying and redirecting to your money site. If you do not get link juice from there. It can be worst buy. Buy authority domain, which domain can pass juice to your money site. It's good enough. :)

Sometimes you can buy valueless domain for creating branding value. :D

tafser, Jul 24, 2015 IP
  5. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes this is effective but you don't want too many redirected to your money site. Make sure the domains don't have a penalty as that will redirect to money site as well.
    You could also use a buffer site like a web2.0 and 301 to it. 301 redirect>>web 2.0>>>money site
    Can also 301 these to your parasites or citations as well.

kjh-08, Sep 17, 2015 IP
  6. Andre C

Andre C Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Alright... Quick case scenarios:
    I have found a so-so domain, which has a few links a would like to have (on-topic links, related to my site, from gov sites and a few - just a few - from regular sites related to my niche, with relatively nice anchor). The site is quite old (say, 2000 or so), but has been expired for quite a while (last archive is from 2009). It had plenty of content on the same subject as my site, therefore the domain content itself is quite relevant. It outranks my site in almost everything according to ahrefs and moz.
    In my point of view, after buying the domain I could:
    1- Do a simple 301 on the whole domain for my domain. Although really easy, I don't think it would benefit me much.
    2- Check for the backlinks I want, do 301's to specific related pages I want to rank for each of those, and a general 301 from the rest of the domain to my current site. Maybe, that's a "middle-ground" solution.
    3- Put the whole site back on the old domain, including the pages that have the backlinks I want. Use general domain linking across the old site (no heavy linking, just "here and there" on directly related content), plus a few (again, not many) in context linking across the site, using both specific keyword anchoring and general anchoring (url and such). As far as I can figure, that way google might rank the old domain back up in a short while (don't know HOW short, if at all), and keep the link juice flowing. Plus, the content that is put back up would get a little rank and the new links for me would generate a little juice too. AND, with the content back up, itjust might get a few new links, and keep the backlink profile slowly growing.

I would very much like to know your opinions on the matter, and if you think I'm correct wanting to go to the third option, here's the situation:
    The site has A LOT of content, yes, but some of it is just unnecessary, like various contact information, information about specific professionals, related to previous advertising, various old apps (not downloadable now) etc. Also, the site was terribly organized, with content messed up flying all around. Thing is, it has thousands of pages like that, and not a good visual identity either. In that case, I believe the "have a future for acquiring backlinks" part is basically wasted. So, finally here's the question:
    What if I put up a new site up (basically wordpress), taking care to have a nice visual, putting back MOST of the interesting/useful old content back up, keeping it posted on the same addresses they were previously, but taking away the "garbage" (i.e., the contact infos, the advertise related stuff, the apps stuff, etc)? How do you think that would go, compared to just putting the whole thing back up, or the other previous options (1 and 2)?

Sorry for the huge post, and I hope I could make it as clear as possible. Thanks for the help!

Andre C, Dec 9, 2015 IP
  7. acheilies89

acheilies89 Member

Best Answers:
    It works just fine!!! But check spam score of that domain before redirecting it. If its really good DA/PA, then you have gold in your hand.

acheilies89, Sep 22, 2016 IP
  8. kievyacht

kievyacht Member

Best Answers:
    Hi! Could you kindly explain what does DA/PA mean? How do I check the spam score?

kievyacht, Mar 26, 2017 IP