1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I start domain and hosting business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Asifur Rahman Rakib, Mar 22, 2017.

Hi,
    I am very interested in Domain Hosting business area. I want to know how can I start domain hosting business ?

Asifur Rahman Rakib, Mar 22, 2017 IP
  2. Ethan Parker

Ethan Parker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you are thinking about opening a hosting company, you will need to invest a lot of money into servers. And that is just the beginning, no one wants to host a website at a company that has no credibility. There are so many companies out there providing this type of service, so you will need a strong branding and marketing to support your business. And that is not a one-time investment, rather you will need to gradually proceed and build a strong foundation over time.

It is a complex process, and if you do not have deep pockets, you will be wasting your time on this. At least in my opinion.

Ethan Parker, Mar 23, 2017 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If I were thinking of this as a business, I would start by looking at Hostgator, which I have been using since 2004. Their pricing is quite low and their service and support is not only excellent, but 24x7. Their website configuration tools are also quite good and I can set up a new website in five minutes or less. This type of marketing research is important because you need to figure out what you are going to offer that will cause someone to use your service over a well-known company like HG.

jrbiz, Mar 23, 2017 IP
  4. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Web Hosting industry is overcrowded. There are so many giant companies are out there. So, the competition is quite tough and you will have lot of money and resources to establish your hosting brand. You can go with it if you have the potential to compete. Otherwise you can promote hosting companies as an affiliate and earn generous commissions.

iwebsocial, Mar 25, 2017 IP
  5. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    There are opportunities still but you need to be very specialized and niche. General web hosting is as given by the above posts, far too crowded

wisdomtool, Mar 25, 2017 IP
  6. Asifur Rahman Rakib

Asifur Rahman Rakib Active Member

Best Answers:
    Please tell me good domain hosting providing companies which are providing good commission for affiliate . Thank you.

Asifur Rahman Rakib, Mar 28, 2017 IP
  7. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are many popular web hosting companies are out there, who are paying generous commission for sale. For example Godaddy, Ipage, Bluehost, Hostgator, Milesweb etc.

iwebsocial, Mar 28, 2017 IP
  8. farhan713

farhan713 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can become a re seller of any web hosting company for the start, to understand the working of domain and hosting business. you can tie up with Host Surf UK https://www.hostsurfuk.com/

farhan713, Mar 28, 2017 IP
  9. John Kerry

John Kerry Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hosting business is not so profitable if you're just a newbie or a startup, It can be profitable if you are running web design agency then you can go for reseller hosting, there are so many resellers.

John Kerry, Mar 29, 2017 IP
  10. tribalad

tribalad Banned

Best Answers:
    You can start with reseller hosting option.A good reseller is hosting24.

tribalad, Mar 29, 2017 IP
  11. Aybam

Aybam Peon

Best Answers:
    Domain Hosting business today is pretty tight, there are lots of credible firms/companies offering the service in mass. The competition is pretty tight, you can go for it if you're well funded. You can start with Hostgator

Aybam, Apr 1, 2017 IP
  12. egoldzone

egoldzone Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    My fast method is buy reseller hosting pack from hostgator and resell it with ready made wordpress blog

egoldzone, Apr 5, 2017 IP
  13. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i started hosting company and made it profitable enough!

step 1- get a reseller hosting account , AVOID hostgator, because they dont' let you oversell.
    it should cost you somewhere near 10-15$ a month including whmcs license ( very important, you must NOT used nulled)

check their support, they should have 24x7 support on live chat, with minimal waiting time.

start promoting in local city. creatively

start making $$

competent123, Apr 15, 2017 IP
  14. Pradeep Khodke

Pradeep Khodke Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    go for domain & reseller hosting providers there you can join as a domain and hosting reseller.

Pradeep Khodke, May 19, 2017 IP
  15. Aybam

Aybam Peon

Best Answers:
    That's also a good suggestion. He should try that as well. But he'd still spend

Aybam, May 19, 2017 IP
  16. 5ervant

5ervant Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can become a hosting reseller if you are a web designer, you can directly refer your clients if they don't have it.
    You can either go for affiliate, it's your choice, hosting reselling will require you to spend another time.

If you're not a designer, then it's tough, try to go for affiliate..

5ervant, May 30, 2017 IP
  17. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Godaddy used to offer a service called Wild West Domains which allowed you to start your own business reselling domain names, hosting, etc. Their website is still up, but I don't know if they're still accepting new customers.

gregdavidson, May 30, 2017 IP
  18. robert4u

robert4u Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well believe me web hosting is very tough business, entering in this business and making money is tough job. The king of hosting Host Gator I heard invested millions for advertising careers. So what that means even if you become giant you will have challenge to get right people to do the difficult technical jobs. And also the big companies are advertising too much they are killing small companies and awareness among clients also reducing small web host business, as now clients prefer large companies.

robert4u, May 30, 2017 IP
  19. KBay

KBay Peon

Best Answers:
    Before start such business you should be able to answer the question. Why people will prefer your hosting, why it is better. If you don't know why yours will be better - don't start. This market is overcrowded.

KBay, May 31, 2017 IP
  20. Asifur Rahman Rakib

Asifur Rahman Rakib Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone for good answers .Can I start business as a affiliate ?

Asifur Rahman Rakib, Jun 1, 2017 IP