1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How hard was it for you to get traffic to your site?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by FarrisFahad, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's true! Getting organic traffic to your website could get hard, especially if you're faced with lots and lots of competition on the Web. At first, I tried covering a global scope, and did not succeed in getting the traffic I've always expected. However, when I went local, then national, I got more organic traffic and finally earned from my website! Finally, all my efforts were paid off.

Anitasol, Feb 22, 2017 IP
    FarrisFahad likes this.
  2. Hybirid

Hybirid Member

Best Answers:
    I looked at your site.
    I think a lot of traffic you can get from social networks
    Are you working on it?

Hybirid, Mar 2, 2017 IP
  3. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hi guys. I have searched the Internet for an answer and I found out that I am not the only one. It takes time, money and effort. A lot of people don't get many visitors the first 6 months. Some might even take a year or up to two years to get consistent traffic. I have tried social media, some people say it's instant and it is, but the problem is that you need a lot of fans (if you were into Facebook). Facebook groups don't work either, and that is because there are just too many posts, only a handful of people will see your post. There are really no shortcut to success. You either have to work hard or you have to spend a lot of money.

So if you are struggling like me just remember that traffic comes over time. You just have to work on it just a little everyday. Then eventually you'll get there.

Thank you guys for your replies.

FarrisFahad, Mar 18, 2017 IP
    Dana C. Beck likes this.
  4. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you have engaging content, people will FLOCK to your site. If you don't, all the work, money, etc. in the world will never get your site the hits that you want and/or need.

In other words, CONTENT, CONTENT, CONTENT and pretty much forget about everything else. Works for me. Works for Craigslist. Works for Google. Works for Facebook. And works for most successful sites.

mmerlinn, Mar 18, 2017 IP
    FarrisFahad likes this.
  5. Dana C. Beck

Dana C. Beck Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great words of encouragement! You're so right, patience and consistency will win the day so-to-speak.

Dana C. Beck, Mar 20, 2017 IP
  6. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed it is not easy to do but 2 years is a bit too much. I would look at some underlying issues and your marketing efforts. How are you trying to attract visitors? Have a technical look at your website as well, maybe based on the latest trends it might be slow, or not welcoming to crawlers or your content is not doing the trick.

Mehdi.b, Mar 20, 2017 IP
    Dana C. Beck likes this.
  7. Dana C. Beck

Dana C. Beck Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's a great point, well said.

Dana C. Beck, Mar 21, 2017 IP
    Mehdi.b likes this.
  8. FarrisFahad

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I started using Facebook to drive traffic to my site, but I found that Pinterest is much better for my type of site. I am working on Pinterest, so yes.

FarrisFahad, Mar 25, 2017 IP
  9. Hybirid

Hybirid Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, social networks with your theme should increase traffic of your website.

Hybirid, Mar 27, 2017 IP
  10. seo_buzz

seo_buzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Considering the niche of your website, unless you are creative; there are too much competition. Hence it will be too much hard work if you want to get decent traffic to your website.

seo_buzz, Mar 30, 2017 IP
  11. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your competitors are big and branded like 9gag. I suggest you scatter or extend your resources as much as possible.
    What social media sites do you use btw?

Patricia Ann Lee, Mar 30, 2017 IP
  12. FarrisFahad

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I am currently working on Facebook and Pinterest

FarrisFahad, Mar 31, 2017 IP
  13. dbs00

dbs00 Member

Best Answers:
    add better jokes. I checked your site.I've read the first 3 jokes and left. Didn't find them funny at all, so there's no reason for me to hang around anymore

dbs00, Mar 31, 2017 IP
    FarrisFahad likes this.
  14. Toka97

Toka97 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Getting traffic for new website is hard but as your site is two years old you should not have low traffic problem.
    First of all what you should pay attention is user experience, if you don't decrease bounce rate you'll never success.
    I take a look on your site, it looks a bit old, make some changes to design and use material colors, so your site will look more modern.
    Also you miss very important thing for all sites but especially for image related sites: sharing!
    Your website only allows sharing on Facebook, you should allow sharing on Twitter, G+, Pinterest, Instagram & other popular social networks. To make sharing more attractive use services like Addthis or SUMO.
    Also within images add gifs as it's very popular nowadays in social media. For your site social networks should be major traffic source.
    Also to get more organic traffic add your site's sitemap on Google search console, build some quality backlinks on related sites & make it easier for people to share your content as more shares not only increases social traffic but also website rank

Toka97, Apr 1, 2017 IP
  15. bhartiojas

bhartiojas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    how do i Reduce Bounce rate on my Site ????

www.bhartiojas.com

bhartiojas, Apr 2, 2017 IP
  16. Stephanie123

Stephanie123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Traffic is firstly depends on how much content you want to produce. Remember that content is king. Then look into SEO (Search Enging Optimization) strategies, go beyond the search engines and study social media.

Stephanie123, Apr 3, 2017 IP
  17. webgator

webgator Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It sounds to me with waiting for two years for traffic you are hoping for organic traffic from the search engines. There's a lot involved to SEO, but one can get to the top of the SERPs, even if you are a little fish in the big ocean.

However, as others have stated, content is king and has been for along time and we've been hearing this for what seems like forever. Quality content with occasional updates will keep both new visitors AND old visitors coming. Of course there's other aspects related to this, and no one ever truly gives out all their secrets. I have some sites that get a couple dozen visitors a day and others that get thousands. It all depends on what your site is about and t

webgator, Apr 3, 2017 IP
  18. gfowkes

gfowkes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    I have personally used targeted traffic packages which allowed me to select my audience and pay for confirmed genuine visits and got a good response. You do have to be careful when buying traffic packs but if you look at scam checking sites they list genuine sources to buy visitors from.

gfowkes, Apr 3, 2017 IP
  19. bdubc4

bdubc4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Your site is good for social media traffic do some funny picture or something niche, not enough content for SEO. You can edit your pics for SEO and see how that helps.

bdubc4, Apr 4, 2017 IP
  20. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's a good start but how about Instagram?

Patricia Ann Lee, Apr 11, 2017 IP