1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best CMS to run a online newspaper or magazine

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Cypherus, Dec 22, 2007.

1. magentoxhtml

magentoxhtml Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    I build so many news paper site using wordpress like http://lastnewsbd.net , http://newsexpressbd.com, http://ekusheysangbad.com/ and they are all made using Wordpress. I personally think, wordpress is a good choice for news paper website and if you want to make the custom script then I can build a script for you with Codeigniter PHP framework. If you are interested then PM me . We will discuss about it.

Thanks
    Mahmud
    Web Works BD

magentoxhtml, Oct 12, 2013 IP
  2. Parth01

Parth01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I realize a lot of sites develop custom coded sites, using various frameworks (PHP or what not), but I am curious about off the shelf solutions.

I've read this previous, similar post, but I'm looking for a more integrated solution, not just something for the back-end. something that can run by a somewhat tech savy person (probably me), but doesn't get bogged done in tech details. I just want publish and go

I'm not interested in PHPNews and other, seemingly lightweight, solutions. Professional features are needed, such as organizing by section , issue and article, ability to link to other stories within the site, ability to comment on articles, rss feeds, event calendar, integrated picture gallery would nice, ability to include lots of photos with articles, a blogging component, etc, etc. Lack of any one feature isn't a deal breaker, but this is the level of features I'm looking for.

I'm not talking about building this beast with Ruby, PHP or whatever, so please no advice on how easy it is to build this with plone or somesuch

Free/opensource is nice, but it's got to be quality. We won't mind paying for a product, but something like Ellington is outta our league. Dispatch is interesting, but that's more geared towards getting a print product online. Bricolage is just a back-end. Campware seems intersting, but it requires root level access to a server, which implies administering the server myself, which I just don't have time to .

The goal here is to concentrate on design and production of newspaper and minimizing having to admin the server and write custom code at least at this point. We want to get up and running.

Parth01, Nov 6, 2015 IP
  3. adsjoint

adsjoint Peon

Best Answers:
    I have also been looking for similar scripts and zeroed in on news world theme from magazine3. However i am not clear about using news feeds from cnn bbc and others. Is it legal? Will the visitors stay on my site or be redirected when they click on syndicated content?
    Can someone please clarify?

adsjoint, Nov 10, 2015 IP
  4. Mike Lee

Mike Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try WordPress with "NewsPaper" theme from tagdiv.

Mike Lee, Aug 30, 2016 IP
  5. Rachel Beckett

Rachel Beckett Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can use Wordpress or Drupal for online magazines or newspapers. You can also check out the CMS used by the most prominent online newspapers and magazines and then work those. The online magazines or newspapers may or may not display the CMS used by them, but in case the CMS for the website is visible you can get it from buildwith.com.

Rachel Beckett, Oct 9, 2016 IP
  6. rsrikanth05

rsrikanth05 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my one year as a Journalist, I've used multiple CMS'.
    My current one used two different systems for two different sites. The main one is on Quintype, while the second one is on Wordpress. We've also used Joomla, Drupal and a custom made CMS. If I had to pick any of them, I'd go for Wordpress.
    If you're starting a serious commercial news site, try WPengine or Wordpress VIP.

rsrikanth05, Oct 22, 2016 IP
  7. Yatrava

Yatrava Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress :cool:

Yatrava, Mar 24, 2017 IP
  8. koplak45

koplak45 Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is pretty nice, and you can get a theme to make it look like a magazine

koplak45, May 26, 2017 IP