1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to find good facebook groups that are not full of ads?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Bruno Vincent, Mar 11, 2017.

I'm looking for good facebook groups, but there is no advanced search option...

The groups with tons of members are often just a whole bunch of people promoting their business...and then, I don't even know why, because is that even effective? All I can see are a whole bunch of promotional posts with no comments....

I did find a few good groups with real humans conversing but they are rare, what is a good way to find more?

Thanks

Bruno Vincent, Mar 11, 2017 IP
  2. Dana C. Beck

Dana C. Beck Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Bruno, I have found that most of the FB groups that are over loaded with ads are ones that cater to things like "money making opportunities", "Buy My Stuff", "Online Marketers Group", "Home Based Business Ideas", etc. etc. (I think you get the point). What I have found is if you search FB for very specific topics e.g. "Boston Red Sox Fans", "Conservative Issues", "Mustang Collectors", and so on you'll more than likely find groups that are interested in subjects rather than promoting their services or goods. But no matter what group you join, you're going to still get some ads slipping in. But if there's a really good group administrator, a lot of this unwanted posts can almost be eliminated. Good hunting, it's a bit of work but finding those FB groups that are really useful is worth the effort! All the best.

Dana C. Beck, Mar 16, 2017 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. rajkumar mudaliyar

rajkumar mudaliyar Member

Best Answers:
    Agree with this.
    It depends on topic of the group. Mostly, facebook groups are used for advertising about your company so they are always full of ads. But then yes there may be groups which are dedicated for discussions. I'll suggest be specific with the topic you are searching for and best would be you yourself start the type of group you want and get members.

rajkumar mudaliyar, Mar 22, 2017 IP
  4. Clare Cai

Clare Cai Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have added some groups without ads. As I was searching according my interests. For example, I like Harry Potter and reading fanfics about it, so I just searched "Harry Potter" or "Harry Potter fanfics", many groups with good quality appeared, and no ads.
    So I think the keywords you searched is very important.

Clare Cai, Mar 23, 2017 IP
  5. josnorgren

josnorgren Peon

Best Answers:
    You can try to see if in that group, members' posts have to be approved by moderators.

josnorgren, Mar 23, 2017 IP
  6. awaid500

awaid500 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    https://www.facebook.com/zamong.network/

awaid500, Apr 2, 2017 IP
  7. webgator

webgator Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What are you looking for in a group? Are you looking for niche specific to advertise in or become part of a community?

You can get traffic and interaction even in the ones that are wide open and allow advertisement posts of all kinds.

webgator, Apr 3, 2017 IP
  8. Bruno Vincent

Bruno Vincent Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I want to infiltrate communities by providing free help ,advice and value, then hopefully book some work

Bruno Vincent, Apr 3, 2017 IP