1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's eye catching?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Fascination, Mar 22, 2017.

What's eye catching to you in a web design? The Paypal button, the header, the footer, the side nav?! Tell me your opinion. Even something you haven't seen.

Solved! View solution.
    Fascination, Mar 22, 2017 IP
    The whole page - "eye catching" might be used to describe certain aspects of the site, but all the things you mention should NOT be eye-catching - they should be part of the overall design, and not an eye-sore. The important thing about a design is that it functions - it does what it's supposed to do, guides the user to find whatever it is they're looking for, as easily as possible. Eye-catching is mostly, at best, a first-time visiting thing - it's not what keeps clients or customers coming back. It is usually more flair than content, and that is not the best way to present something on the web. Yes, there are exceptions, but they are VERY rare.

PoPSiCLe, Mar 23, 2017 IP
  3. Fascination

Fascination Member

Best Answers:
    That's true but thing problem im in is fixing the search bar because its not showing the search BG image behind it. Www.rideordies.x10host.com .. Its not a website yet but just a project. Anything i could use on it to make it work or glare to my users... ?

Fascination, Mar 23, 2017 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, that site is a mess. The top-bar, no the whole site, is horribly coded, there is no structure, the background-image on the input-element (wrong element to put the background on) doesn't exist in the folder it's supposed to be in, and and and... there are so many things wrong with that page, I would actually toss it in the trash, and start over. Seriously.

PoPSiCLe, Mar 24, 2017 IP
  5. Fascination

Fascination Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't code it... Someone else did. Im just trying fix it. Lol i know its in bad shape but what person would want to fix this. Its a good template just needs better coding. Other than that i should be fine. Thanks for the tip.

Fascination, Mar 26, 2017 IP