1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ad group Help - How Many Ads Per Group?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Aaron111, Mar 4, 2017.

im searching for the same answers" how many ads" im running 4 to 5 ads per ad group" like Examples: Drywall and Painting i have 4 to 5 ads running in that set: although i do have another one called Drywall Plastering with 4 to 5 ads running ....... is this to many ads or to many ads? per" or is it hurting me if im to relevant to the other campaign:

Aaron111, Mar 4, 2017 IP
  2. VictMarketing

VictMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    There are no Google rules for number of ads in an ad group, but it is good to have at least two to find which performs better , if you run 4-5 and have too little impressions you will not be able to determine which one is better, in general you run multiple ads in a group to find the best one and you turn off bad ones,
    Victorious Marketing

VictMarketing, Mar 6, 2017 IP
  3. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    While it's true there is no rule for the number of ads in a group, you should always have 2. Never just one and never more than two. More than two and you simply dilute your test which renders it virtually meaningless, in particular on low volume groups.

Bonus: don't ever edit an ad. Doing so deletes the original and you can't "un-delete" it should you want to test it again later. You should pause it and create a new ad. Recreating a deleted ad starts fresh in that you lose all the goodwill of the data accumulated before. Plus it clutters up your group with junk. So don't edit and don't delete ads or anything else for that matter.

Lucid Web Marketing, Mar 7, 2017 IP
  4. Allen Or

Allen Or Peon

Best Answers:
    No rules on that, but personally I suggest having 2-3 at the beginning.

Just test the performance on different ad writings, you never know which will be better unless you tried. And months later you can try different ads, its a on-going optimization process

Allen Or, Mar 14, 2017 IP
  5. Cado Magenge

Cado Magenge Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would recommend at least 2 -3 ads per ad group so that you can identify the performance accordingly and tweak the ads based on several factors such as CPA & CTR.
    Later on you can test 3 ads at a time. Once you get good amount of click you can eliminate failed account, add next and repeat the above process.

Cado Magenge, Mar 21, 2017 IP
  6. Sim547

Sim547 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well how many products are in each ad group?

Sim547, Apr 11, 2017 IP
  7. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    An ad group should be for only one product or service.

Lucid Web Marketing, Apr 15, 2017 IP