1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How important is website load speed for google rankings

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mackjay77@gmail.com, Mar 5, 2017.

I ran a test on my website and I scored poorly on website load speed especially for the mobile test. Is this a major concern if I am worried about high rankings on google?
    Thanks

mackjay77@gmail.com, Mar 5, 2017 IP
  2. na9endra

na9endra Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Page speed is a measurement of how fast the content and images on your page loads
    if the page load is slow the bounce back ratio is high

na9endra, Mar 10, 2017 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I'd also add that for a mobile site the loading speed is paramount. As a matter of fact several years ago the big G announced that there would be a speed penalty for slow loading mobile websites.

qwikad.com, Mar 14, 2017 IP
  4. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Page speed is one of the process of On Page SEO. Google and Users love the sites that are load very fastly. As other have said that slow loading website have negative user experience and high bounce rate.

iwebsocial, Mar 14, 2017 IP
  5. Amit Chauhan

Amit Chauhan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes my friend, this is a very important factor if you really want to rank high in search engines. You should compress your images size as well as your HTML of the website. This would help you to to rank high in search engines.

Amit Chauhan, Mar 14, 2017 IP
  6. David Jones42

David Jones42 Member

Best Answers:
    2010 was the year where Google announced it was going to regard page speed as a ranking signal. Google is focusing since a few years on delivering the best onsite user experience possible.

David Jones42, Mar 14, 2017 IP
  7. cinemagicllc

cinemagicllc Member

Best Answers:
    Google webmaster team showed that they will start ranking websites based on page loading time. Websites which take ages to load slowdown the entire internet and Google is allowing this factor seriously. Apart from other factors like the Meta title, Meta description, etc., Google will also consider page load time as one of the major elements for your website’s search engine ranking.

cinemagicllc, Mar 15, 2017 IP
  8. rajkumar mudaliyar

rajkumar mudaliyar Member

Best Answers:
    Time is very important factor for each & every aspect around us.
    With respect to websites, currently mobile friendly website is a must cause majority users are active online through mobile only.
    Website speed i.e page speed is the one of the many ranking factors considered by search engine to rank the website.
    Apart from genuine technical network error no one liked to wait for website that loads slowly.

rajkumar mudaliyar, Mar 16, 2017 IP
  9. Vouchers4sale

Vouchers4sale Member

Best Answers:
    Page speed is one of the most important factor in ranking so you should not ignore it. Either do it yourself or hire someone as there are many people who can do it within nominal fees.

Vouchers4sale, Mar 17, 2017 IP
  10. Samuel Roy

Samuel Roy Member

Best Answers:
    Website load speed also more important for Google ranking.

Samuel Roy, Mar 17, 2017 IP
  11. JennaT

JennaT Member

Best Answers:
    Here’s a cool infographic from Kissmetrics about how page loading time affects user experience:

[​IMG]

If user experience is bad because of page loading time then Google will most likely consider this and reflect in its algorithms, so I think page loading time is important for rankings.

JennaT, Mar 17, 2017 IP
  12. metricbuzz

metricbuzz Member

Best Answers:
    A website with good loading time gets a minor boost in the SERP's. For example, if your ranking is in 18th position and you optimized your page speed with the help of GTMetrix or Google page speed developer insights. It gives a minor boost that is pushing the rank to 15th May be its a joke. There may be lot of other factors you need to work with.

[​IMG]
    Google doesn't see the page speed for the brand like above. For example Apple.com can have the keyword apple 1000k times in one page. Google doesnot penalize them for keyword stuffing. But if we have, I am sure the bots will trigger and kick us back.

Doing page speed optimization since we are a startup helps to improve the rankings.

metricbuzz, Mar 18, 2017 IP