1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Would love to hear your feedback on our site! And why conversion rate is low.

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Khmedia, Mar 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hi Everyone,

Would love to hear what your thoughts are on our website. Our conversion rate is very poor. It could even be 0.005% - 1 sale for every 200 visits. Is our price for our product of £78/€89 causing this issue or is it the limited number of themes (we sell wedding websites to engaged couples so they can put their wedding info online and also receive their guest's RSVPs online).

We market the website via Google Ads mostly getting a 'few' clicks per day based on UK and Ireland locations. We used to have other counties included here but removed them. We do some social media marketing via Facebook and Twitter but not that much.

Would love to get your opinions.

Here is the link:

(Sorry guys I can't seem to post the URL to this forum - however if you search 'OurBigDayInfo Wedding websites' that would be us)

Best regards!
    Pedar

Khmedia, Mar 13, 2017 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It could be either one of those: your price, name, design.

For the heck of it I checked a couple of other similar sites: https://withjoy.com/ and https://www.theknot.com/

Browse those two sites for a few minutes each (the index pages, templates, sample wedding sites) and then switch back to yours. You'll see that, as good as your service is, it doesn't quite measure up to your closest competitors. Consider upgrading your template, adding more portfolio, etc.

Secondly, it helps to have packages (usually 3) I.e. Basic (Budget) Design, Plus Design, Luxurious Design. Of course, you can come up with any number of packages and names. Having that kind of choice is an excellent way to engage your potential customers.

And lastly, it's a competitive niche. You'll have to rely on AdWords, Bing Ads, Facebook Ads to get your name out (I assume for a while). What about Gumtree? Did you try to promote it there?

qwikad.com, Mar 13, 2017 IP
  3. Khmedia

Khmedia Member

Best Answers:
    Thks for your reply qwikad. You raise some interesting points

- The package idea is interesting and perhaps worth exploring.
    - No we never used GumTree. That again is worth exploring too
    - Lastly, yes a great idea in visiting those sites for comparison. It really helps put things into perspective.

Thanks for your advice!

Khmedia, Mar 13, 2017 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Interestingly enough Gumtree has a wedding category: https://www.gumtree.com/wedding-services

qwikad.com, Mar 13, 2017 IP
  5. Khmedia

Khmedia Member

Best Answers:
    Cool! I had no idea. To be honest GumTree is never on my radar for anything. No idea why. But definitely worth an ad to gauge things!

Khmedia, Mar 13, 2017 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.