1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SASS

Discussion in 'CSS' started by Dark Raven, Mar 11, 2017.

I'm not really sure where to go to receive help with SASS that isn't github. So I thought I'd try here.

$primary: (
        "base": #6494ED,
        "dark": #215FD0,
        "medium": #427BE2,
        "light": #8AB0F5,
        "pale": #BBD2FB,

);

$primary-color: color("primary", "base") !default;
    $primary-medium: color("primary", "medium") !default;
    $primary-light: color("primary", "light") !default;
    $primary-pale: color("primary", "pale") !default;

Code (CSS):

Compiles to:

a, #back {
      color: color("primary", "light");
      font-weight: 500; }

.layer{
        background-color: color("neutral", "base");
    }

Code (CSS):
    Instead of: color #8AB0F5.

SASS gives me no errors, and I only know this code should work because materializecss uses the same method and it works; but for whatever reason I can't get this to work and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. The files are ordered properly; it's just not compiling and not exactly sure how to get it to compile correctly.

Dark Raven, Mar 11, 2017 IP
  2. Dark Raven

Dark Raven Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I can't delete this post; but ultimately I solved the problem. Was missing some code needed to make it work.

Dark Raven, Mar 11, 2017 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    heh, honestly you'd be better off just deleting all of it and not using the bloated time wasting idiotic halfwit nonsense that is LESS/SASS/SCSS/whatever. How to take something moronically simple and make it needlessly complicated all because "wah, I'm too derp to know how to leverage selectors properly".

But I guess like every other bit of dumbass ignorant BULLSHIT that's become hot and trendy the past few years, most people simply don't know enough about HTML or CSS to realize how badly idiocy like SASS saddles them up and takes them for a ride.

deathshadow, Mar 11, 2017 IP
    denis bayly likes this.