1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Affiliate = half way to Merchant ?

Discussion in 'Google' started by virtualwebmarket, Jun 12, 2013.

I wanted to ask my fellow affiliates about the daily dilemma, we all affiliates has - is this the right time to become a merchant.

The simplest example is traffic services affiliate, who is making money to refer visitors to traffic services and enjoying the rev share fro any sale. The way to take your own brand and to become traffic reseller is short - so why not actually?

Should you stay an affiliate or cross the lines to become a merchant ?

virtualwebmarket, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  2. BSON

BSON Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on how much traffic you have, quality, origin and niche.
    For example if you have 10K adult traffic it not worth to become a merchant.

BSON, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  3. AffiBank

AffiBank Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Oron,
    I took the step quite a few years ago. Went from affiliate to merchant or vendor however you want to call it.
    Both sides of the story have their own beauty... and learning curve.
    In my opinion, being affiliate is far easier than vendor, especially if the commissions paid are high. Vendors usually do promotions as well, but through channels that do not collide with their affiliate promotional efforts. They also need to handle customer support, hosting issues, keep up with the payment platform rules, keep refunds as low as possible, keeping affiliates happy (not just with good commissions)... it is quite different.

AffiBank, Mar 9, 2017 IP