1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help With Website Displaying Differently In Different Browsers

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Wreckadge, Feb 2, 2017.

Hi All,

I've recently noticed this problem after some brought it to my attention. Some browsers aren't displaying my Wordpress theme, or aren't loading pictures correctly. For example - my website loads correctly on the IE I'm using, but someone has told me it sometimes doesn't load the theme on Safari, and when I tried opening it with Firefox for some reason none of the images load.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can fix this issue?

My URL: http://www.mrbrownguy.com/

Thanks!

Wreckadge, Feb 2, 2017 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Looks fine here, when viewed on Firefox and Safari, and Chrome. Most, if not all, Wordpress-themes do work on all major browsers, with only minimal difference. If you use some sort of CDN, or host images or other elements on external sites, bad connections and/or IP-blocks might block some content for specific users in specific locations.

PoPSiCLe, Feb 2, 2017 IP
    Wreckadge likes this.
  3. Wreckadge

Wreckadge Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ah I see - well I'm kind of happy that it's working right for you in all browsers. I recently also updated my WP and all plug-ins so that may have fixed the issue.

Thanks for the feedback.

Wreckadge, Feb 2, 2017 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    That might also be a reason, of course. You should make sure that you always have the latest versions of all installed content when running WordPress. I suggest setting up WordPress to send you a notification when there are updates (I think there is a plugin for that), so you don't delay updating :)

PoPSiCLe, Feb 2, 2017 IP
  5. Jon vaughn

Jon vaughn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sadly, there is no simple solution to this. You should check the specifications of every browser that fails to display your website properly and make the required adjustments to your code. A skilled website developer should be familiar with most common browser compatibility problems and should be able to help you. Such compatibility problems might happen only in different browsers but because of an old browser version which doesn't support completely the latest standards.

In conclusion, you have to test your websites on as many different browsers and operating systems possible. If you find any errors, you should try searching online for a specific solution for the problem or contact a skilled developer who may help you in resolving it.

Jon vaughn, Feb 28, 2017 IP
  6. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Here it's flipping out, and I know why.

You've got a script tag between </head> and <body>. The only thing that's valid between those two tags is whitespace characters.

Well, that and it's a off the shelf turdpress template, so it's an accessibility disaster.

deathshadow, Feb 28, 2017 IP
  7. Wik_79

Wik_79 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If your problem still continu and if thats about responsible problem i can help u with css, if your image size problem or aren't loading different browsers mb you need to think change your theme

Wik_79, Mar 2, 2017 IP