1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google gives priority to sites using SSl

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by iwebsocial, Feb 25, 2017.

Hello Friends,

I have just read an article at https://www.searchenginejournal.com/https-pages-front-page-google-reach-50-june-2017/187079/ It said that HTTPS pages on front page of Google could reach 50% by June 2017. This is a clear indication that Google now start prioritize HTTPS sites and rank them well in search engine result page.

That does not mean that if you install SSL on your site can help you to get rank in Google. The question arise here is that Google force webmasters to use SSL on their websites? what do you guys think of it? I highly welcome your ideas.

iwebsocial, Feb 25, 2017 IP
  2. Sugavanas

Sugavanas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Using SSL is more secure than an unencrypted connection. With free SSL certificates available from Let's Encrypt and CloudFlare, everybody should be able to use them.

Sugavanas, Feb 25, 2017 IP
  3. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A few weeks back there was a flurry of new product launches that addressed Google's new interest in SSL sites. It does look like the big G is moving toward favoring higher security.

The major pain point in the marketing content for those products was that Google will soon be awarding lower ranking to those sites that don't have SSL addresses.

JoeSpirit, Feb 26, 2017 IP
  4. MegaMikeJr

MegaMikeJr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I personally haven't seen any studies that show the correlation between Non-SSL and SSL sites. In other words, I haven't seen any studies of traffic shifts from domains that were not SSL who have converted to SSL. If you have please share.

The numbers (could reach 50% by June 2017) just represent site owners converting to SSL and their rankings. They could have already been ranking well, and wanted to stay current with the remarks from Google. Web based businesses have a habit of keeping current with digital trends.

MegaMikeJr, Feb 26, 2017 IP
  5. Envigo Digital

Envigo Digital Member

Best Answers:
    I have seen multiple instances where moving to SSL has given a boost to rankings and got us more traffic without any other factor changing. The change is immediate, within a day or two of moving to SSL reports in the webmaster tools improve.
    Its not very hard to implement SSL, and webmaster should add it to their checklist of things to do before putting a website to the live server.
    Big G prefers a faster and safer internet and is clearly been favoring fast and secure sites for many years now.
    This is no recent development, but now with cheaper and free ssl more websites are using SSL than ever before.
    Resisting change is not the ideal way to deal with it. We must evolve with every change in the technology world. Some changes are stupid and should be resisted, yes, but mostly when its been years after that change and you see competitors ahead of you doing it - just do it.

Envigo Digital, Feb 26, 2017 IP