1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Trying to use a Carousel

Discussion in 'CSS' started by quarinteen, Jan 27, 2017.

I found a carousel I want to use on w3schools.com. I am having 2 issues with it I am hoping someone can help. The first issue is I got everything working except for the arrows. I can not get them to display and I am assuming its because I haven't specified the images for them. Problem there is I can not seem to find in the css file where to specify the images.

Problem 2 I can not figure out how to resize this thing. I found in the css file where I believe it is but there are so many size properties specified I am not sure what to change.

If anyone has the time and curiosity to download the scripts and figure this out I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you if you can find that time. Below is the link.

http://www.w3schools.com/bootstrap/bootstrap_ref_js_carousel.asp

quarinteen, Jan 27, 2017 IP
  2. quarinteen

quarinteen Peon

Best Answers:
    Figured out the arrow issue.

quarinteen, Jan 27, 2017 IP
  3. badger_

badger_ Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Have you considered using a sane alternative like eFlipper.js? it's difficult to debug the massive bloatware that is bootstrap.

http://elementalsjs.com/demos/eFlipper
    Watch it in action: http://elementalsjs.com/liveDemos/eFlipperTest.html

badger_, Feb 26, 2017 IP
  4. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    That's because in that implementation, it's not a image. It's a font character. It probably means wherever you're including bootcrap from isn't including the glyphicon font. Are you trying to self host, or are you pulling from the free CDN?

Of course being W3Fools, they don't bother explaining where that is, how to include it, etc, etc... part of why I trust bootcrap about as far as I can throw the USS Iowa, and trust W3Fools even less. Of course their example only further pisses itself further by slopping the bloated train wreck of ineptitude that is jQuery atop it. LAUNDRY LIST of how not to build a website, and the nubes and rubes fall for it every damned time.

PS @badger_, thanks for the free plug. With eFlipper the nice part is that so long as all your images are the same size, you don't have to play with the target size. You could also easily modify it to force the images a uniform aspect ratio at any size.

deathshadow, Feb 28, 2017 IP