1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting a blog! Is my idea any good?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by buffad, Dec 29, 2016.

1. buffad

buffad Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks! I'll have to look into that.

buffad, Jan 9, 2017 IP
  2. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My recommendation is to NOT do a standard wordpress blog... I would instead VLOG on YouTube and use Instagram also... You can always have a blog that links back to those sites. I think the only thing that can set you apart is your personality... text based blogs are boring as hell.

NetStar, Jan 21, 2017 IP
  3. Nata_nata

Nata_nata Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There is a huge audience of readers who are not all into sexy content for life in style/health/fitness (otherwise I am just being naive here :rolleyes:)

As for me, I like the type of blog you are creating (I am following a few on insta). As a reader/follower I like when blogger engages the oudience in different activities fitness related. For example #14dayswithoutsugar challenge etc. Throwing little contests from time to time also will be great idea for audience engagement.

Those are my thoughs :) Good luck with blogging!

Nata_nata, Jan 21, 2017 IP
    GAdsense likes this.
  4. suraj72

suraj72 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great Idea just start don't wait I have two blogs and earn decent from them.

suraj72, Jan 22, 2017 IP
  5. buffad

buffad Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the responses yet again! As for VLOGs, I don't really feel like that is my thing. I do post videos and pictures on instagram and link them to my blog through the bio.

Nata_nata your idea of challenging the readers is intriguing. I might have to try to incorporate for some topics.
    I have a few blog posts ready now but I haven't posted them yet. My idea was to buy a domain and then start to really put blogs out there for everyone else.

buffad, Jan 22, 2017 IP
  6. Nata_nata

Nata_nata Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey! You haven't bought the domain name yet? In terms of SEO it's better the domain of your blog (and the basic version of the site itself) stayed there for a while, so the blog is not "new", so to say, for the index. The earlier registered - the better :D

Nata_nata, Jan 22, 2017 IP
  7. buffad

buffad Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes I've only been using the free version for now but in terms of SEO it's definitely not enough.
    That is definitely the next thing on the list!

buffad, Jan 22, 2017 IP
  8. Resumexpert

Resumexpert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Your blog has the ability to grow fast, if you are a hard worker and keep learning new thins. You can also create a proffesional linkedin profile. A proffesional writer will help with his cover letter writting service.
    Hope it helps.

Resumexpert, Jan 23, 2017 IP
  9. GAdsense

GAdsense Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you think you can do it, you can. Simply take the first step, take baby steps every day and feel positive about it. There will always be people around you who will discourage just because they have never done it themselves. With that said, sometimes there are experienced people who will guide you sincerely. However, if you want to do something and have the courage to follow through hardships. Then I think with the kind of idea you have, you will end up good.

A few years back, I could not even speak English and nowadays, I write articles for pro-bloggers too. It's all about dedication. I've left my job and I do not have much freelancing work left either. As I discontinued freelancing, probably my biggest mistake but I could not find time earlier.

Anyways, life hits you hard at times. It's all about getting back up and doing your best. Trust me, you will do absolutely brilliant. Just learn through the process and get better. You will eventually make it, period! :) Best of luck for an exciting life ahead.

GAdsense, Jan 23, 2017 IP
  10. buffad

buffad Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I actually do have a linkedin profile that I've been using for job hunting. No idea if it has been effective but doesn't hurt does it!
    I am still feeling really motivated to do this as a side hobby from my otherwise busy days. I feel like I have more time to write since I am recovering from a back injury.

It's always nice to hear from other successful people and hear your ideas!

buffad, Jan 24, 2017 IP
  11. OffshoreDedicated

OffshoreDedicated Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, there are lot of websites writing on this topic in general with a wide variety of topics coming up on daily bases.
    But sites targeting some specific topics and issues are less.
    Like, if you think that you can write good stuff for people with busy routines only. Suggesting diets, exercises and other things for people who don't have much spare time for these things might start getting alot of visitors. But it should be focused on one single specific area with quality material.

Internet is full of opportunities.

OffshoreDedicated, Feb 1, 2017 IP
  12. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well this its a good idees important its to post frecvently quality content and to add value .If you think you are qualified in this field and you have good content to offer on your blog do it .After a time you will be an autority and people will trust you .Also try to make an optin page to build an email list and you cam promote affiliate offers or whatever product you want to tem .And the thing you have good quality content you will rank in search engines

Spartan14, Feb 2, 2017 IP
  13. frankieboy

frankieboy Peon

Best Answers:
    I cannot see a problem about content being too scientific. You got to determine what your main objectives are. Is it to monetise your blog? That is usually the case with bloggers. If so then you have to do your market research that that is what people want. You only have to join a few health and weight loss forums to find this out. It sounds like it's your passion anyways so just go ahead and do what you enjoy.

Even if you're too scientific, there's no reason why you can't make it fun and entertaining. You might want to do vlogs too. Just put your content out there and use all the social networks to your advantage to make your blog known instead of just relying on SEO.

frankieboy, Feb 2, 2017 IP
  14. robinymym

robinymym Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds cool!
    Budd, you can post a blog about 'What kind of Exercises will help to increase your Height?'. Add some experienced points. So short people like me will read your article must xD

robinymym, Feb 4, 2017 IP
  15. buffad

buffad Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey thanks again! I guess i might have to be an active participant in health forums as well.

buffad, Feb 6, 2017 IP
  16. chalice

chalice Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Take a chance. Even if you fail, at least you will have the experience to apply to a different project.

chalice, Feb 12, 2017 IP
  17. Chris-

Chris- Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The idea is workable. What matters is how you market it. Just writing a blog post or two every day will get you some traffic, but is unlikely to grow fast and big, so you need additional marketing, SEO, social-media etc. if you want any significant income any time soon.

Chris

Chris-, Feb 14, 2017 IP
  18. ebonyking

ebonyking Member

Best Answers:
    I agree complete with many have told you here.Which I summarise in these few points:
    1.Be unique
    2.Write from your heart
    3.Let your content be original and informative
    4.Stop post poning and get started then adjust along the way

SEE YOU AT THE TOP

ebonyking, Feb 25, 2017 IP
  19. Hybirid

Hybirid Member

Best Answers:
    The idea is good. Just accept the fact that there are many resources, blogs on the Internet with same theme.
    Your task is to provide your audience interesting and not banal materials :)

Hybirid, Feb 27, 2017 IP
  20. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with @GTAce and I would also say make sure you have a long term plan of action and prepare yourself for many many competitors and occasions that will end in you yelling at Google analytics results.
    Starting is not that difficult in this market but if you want to make money out of it, make those dry ingredients look yummy and sound good or as you put it media-sexy. The audience you will be dealing with is not used to sexy content that catches eyes and a small portion might be into rigorous studies and data driven. Good luck

Mehdi.b, Feb 27, 2017 IP