1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Godaddy vs Siteground?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by scott2342, Feb 13, 2017.

Hi Everyone.

I currently host with Godaddy and finding it to be quite slow, I'm getting quite a high bounce rate and overall don't find the performance great for me paying for an ultimate linux hosting package. I've tried to optimise my websites as much as I can. I've spoken to Siteground and they say it will be quicker if I move over to their wordpress hosting (all my sites are Wordpress).

One of my sites is www.scottspoonerit.co.uk. I have others too that could do with being a little quicker. No site is the same in terms of theme etc and I've had my developers improve speed where possible.

My visitors are all UK based, so what do you think? Should I switch over to SiteGround? Should I notice an improvement in speed?

Scott

scott2342, Feb 13, 2017 IP
  2. MechanicWeb-shoss

MechanicWeb-shoss Active Member

Best Answers:
    WordPress is actually a PHP application. Any decent Linux hosting should be able to handle it. I never used GD or SG for hosting, so can't really tell the difference. GD is known for their higher limits on shared hosting, a decent hosting provider should be able to offer a better performance.

MechanicWeb-shoss, Feb 24, 2017 IP
  3. Allen James

Allen James Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have used them both and I had no problems at all, but normally it depends 100% on you and your websites. I'm not sure if GoDaddy has a UK data center, but Siteground has such, so when your visitors are from the UK, then it will be a lot better that you host your sites on a UK data center, that's 100% sure. If you need some more help just write me a private message and if you decide to go with Siteground, I can try to save you some money.

Allen James, Feb 24, 2017 IP
  4. Andrew Shaw

Andrew Shaw Member

Best Answers:
    WordPress runs really fast on LiteSpeed webservers if you install the LiteSpeed Cache plugin.
    If you need power, look for a Host who uses LiteSpeed and Offers ElasticSites technology. (Where you get VPS like resources, but the ease of Shared Hosting).

Andrew Shaw, Mar 13, 2017 IP
  5. scott2342

scott2342 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey all. I've actually switched to Siteground and the sites are a lot quicker now!

scott2342, Mar 13, 2017 IP