1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are some enjoyable aspects of running a hosting business?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by jasontn, Dec 4, 2016.

Some people might find the business to be an enjoyable type of employment. What are some things that you find enjoyable about the web-hosting niche? How would you compare this niche to other ones involving the internet?

jasontn, Dec 4, 2016 IP
  2. MechanicWeb-shoss

MechanicWeb-shoss Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's what I love to do. That is what makes me happy.

On top of it, if you can be a part of someone else's success by offering them a decent service, seeing them depending on you is a real joy. I love it.

MechanicWeb-shoss, Dec 18, 2016 IP
  3. CenTex Hosting

CenTex Hosting Member

Best Answers:
    He hit the nail on the head. If you love what you do it doesn't matter. You can be a dog walker and if its what you love to do it will be enjoyable.

What I can say is if you are not committed or really love this business I would think twice about it. Its not a get rich over night deal. It takes time. You will have more downs than up when you start out. But once you get up and going, and you go sit in the server room there is no better feeling in the world IMO.

CenTex Hosting, Feb 11, 2017 IP
  4. Doctor Tech

Doctor Tech Member

Best Answers:
    Speaking for myself, the part I enjoy about running the business is providing the customer service and hosting necessities that my clients require to run a successful website/business. It is also nice to follow-up with them and see how their site progresses over time.

The most rewarding part is reading the reviews and seeing that customers are exceedingly satisfied with the services you provide.

Doctor Tech, Feb 24, 2017 IP
  5. Andrew Shaw

Andrew Shaw Member

Best Answers:
    Every now and then a thank you, when you've solved an issue, makes the job worth doing.
    With 99.9% SLAs and above you don't often get thanked for achieving this.
    I love working out the puzzles and getting all the bells and whistles to play nice with each other.

Andrew Shaw, Mar 13, 2017 IP