1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I Retrieve Outlook Data File (.pst) from lost, formatted or crashed PC?

Discussion in 'Databases' started by JessicaCarter, Feb 22, 2017.

Yesterday, I had accidently formatted C drive on Windows 10 PC. Right now, I have no clue about the recovery of lost PST files from a formatted hard drive.

I can’t resume my work without contacts in lost PST file. Please help!

JessicaCarter, Feb 22, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    There are forensics techs who can recover info from formatted disks but have you looked at your backups? A pst file will be too big for the free utilities that you can download.

BTW there used to be lots of utilities to repair the files - especially the ones that got too big for outlook to handle.

sarahk, Feb 22, 2017 IP
  3. JamesAlison

JamesAlison Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello JessicaCarter,

I also faced the same incident last year when I worked in a California-based news agency. I never want to remember this painful memory. To overcome this worst problem, Technical support team of my company helped me a lot.

As per their suggestion, I had run Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair Software. It did a good job for recovery of lost PST file from formatted drive. I think you can also try its free demo for better understanding.

JamesAlison, Feb 23, 2017 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Well... first off, do NOT install anything on that drive again. Leave it emtpy / formatted. Then run diagnostic software, Easeus Disc Recovery, for instance (paid software), or deliver the drive to a computer repair shop. It should be completely possible to retrieve the file. However, if you have reinstalled Windows, or anything else on the drive you're trying to recover, the chances of retrieving the file decreases exponentially.

PoPSiCLe, Feb 23, 2017 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  5. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  6. Virat Singh

Virat Singh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are many reasons due to which outlook PST file get corrupted or damaged. And to fix the errors, damages and corruptions very firstly make use of the inbuilt Scanpst tool, this will help you to repair the corrupted, damaged Outlook PST file, but it is also found that in many cases this fails to detect the problem so, in this case you can make use a Outlook PST Repair Tool from SysInfo. This is trusted tool to fix various errors, damaged and corrupted Outlook PST file automatically. It is extremely easy to use.

Itrecover all personal storage tables (PST) itemssuch as journals, notes, tasks, contacts, calendar items, attachments, distribution lists of an Outlook user mailbox and etc. It allowed to save particular emails in different formats as per their needs, like EML, MSG, HTML, RTF and PDF. It is a comprehensive and integrated tool that ensures a quick recovery of corrupted PST files.

* It Supports all Outlook version like : 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, and 2000.
    * It compatible with all Windows OS version's like : 10, 8, 7, Vista, Server 2003, XP and 2000
    * This tool easily split recovered large PST file into new small PST file from 1 to 5GB.

Virat Singh, Mar 9, 2017 IP
  7. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    How in the world does one ACCIDENTLY format a drive? It is often hard, and sometimes impossible, for a user to even reformat one ON PURPOSE.

Next question is whether you did a SOFT reformat or a HARD reformat. If you did a HARD reformat, YOUR FILES CAN NEVER BE RECOVERED!

Assuming a SOFT reformat, have you ADDED or CHANGED anything on the drive since you reformatted it? If you have NOT, then EVERYTHING can be recovered. If so, it is anyone's GUESS how much, IF ANYTHING, can be recovered.

Whatever you do, DO NOT ADD OR CHANGE ANYTHING on the disk UNTIL AFTER you have recovered everything that CAN be recovered.

mmerlinn, Apr 1, 2017 IP
  8. John_walker_10

John_walker_10 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes!
    You can retrieve your lost PST file and a lot of data by using Third Party Hard Drive Recovery Tools.
    This Tool will recover your pst in just a few clicks.
    here is the link:https://www.systoolsgroup.com/hard-drive-data-recovery.html

John_walker_10, May 30, 2017 IP
  9. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nigel Lew, May 31, 2017 IP
  10. rihana12

rihana12 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Read this article to find a free solution: http://www.how2repairoutlookpst.com/blog/retrieve-or-recover-permanently-deleted-emails-in-outlook/
    I hope my answer will help you.

rihana12, Jan 7, 2019 IP
  11. Alexsmith001

Alexsmith001 Peon

Best Answers:
    PST file is an online outlook file which is very important. In case, your PST file is not working properly than with the help of PST repair tool just repair your PST file. Download software from here:- https://www.datarecovo.com/outlook-pst-repair-tool.html

Alexsmith001, May 7, 2019 IP
  12. Data Wizard

Data Wizard Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can easily recover the PST file if its data is not overwritten by other data. You can use professional data recovery software like Stellar, Undelete, and so on. There are high chances of recovery if you go with the deep scan option for the lost PST file.

Data Wizard, Apr 11, 2024 at 3:23 AM IP