1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Improvements for website (beginner)

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Solomon_Benson, Feb 21, 2017.

Hi,
    I am a complete beginner, and would like some opinions for improvements for my basic website.

bristolbagpiper.co.uk

thanks, and be brutal!

Solomon_Benson, Feb 21, 2017 IP
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like your site. It's a good design.

I would do away with the map on your home page. You state that travel to surrounding area is possible. In my mind, anybody in the surrounding area should know where Bristol is, and the map detracts from the overall quality of the page.

You may already have this in your plan. I think you need more content in your gallery.

I suggest that you add some informational content to the site also. Some bagpipe related stories, history, etc. would increase interest I think. Also, the search engines would rank the site higher if you publish some articles. The search engines can't read the content of pictures so at the moment, they have very little to rank.

Hope that helps.

JoeSpirit, Feb 21, 2017 IP
  3. Solomon_Benson

Solomon_Benson Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you're right about the map, looked a bit precarious at the bottom. Thanks for the advice!

Solomon_Benson, Feb 21, 2017 IP
  4. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're welcome. Glad I could help.

JoeSpirit, Feb 21, 2017 IP
  5. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I would loose the difference in the menu - make it stick to the top, by all means, but loose the difference in size, and the realignment - currently it looks funky when you scroll a little bit, and the "contact"-part of the original menu is still visible while the same link is now visible in the sticky top menu as well. Looks "not so good".

I would also loose the background image for the paragraphs/text (why are you using an image here, instead of just a background color?) - the text is visible enough on the background (maybe make the background a little bit darker) - but currently, the "boxes" with text looks a bit "off"

PoPSiCLe, Feb 21, 2017 IP
  6. David Jones42

David Jones42 Member

Best Answers:
    First of all design is very bad change template or theme of your site because it looks simple and basic. use menu in one line it looks proper and professional. use meta title properly with your target keyword and also put content in all pages.

David Jones42, Feb 21, 2017 IP